Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Albums with one (really) naff track

Discussion in 'music' started by mikechadwick, Jun 27, 2022.

1. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Lennon hated it too, you're in good company.

2. MVV

MVV pfm Member

You could put a cracking Beatles compilation Album together that would be totally unlistenable. Quite a fun Item, I'd buy it but it wouldn't get played.

Sean K, seagull and mikechadwick like this.
  3. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Spoilt for choice surely.

4. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

Love – Da Capo. A brilliant album, second only to Forever Changes but it has one dodgy track; Revelation.

mikechadwick and DipsyDave like this.
  5. ciderglider

ciderglider pfm Member

I was going to nominate Equator from Sparks' Kimono My House, but humming it to myself I'm quite liking it now, and it has become an earworm.

6. vince rocker

vince rocker pfm Member

Islands is OK at best and any song from it would be naff on The Band or Big Pink (Georgia excepted, but that's a cover made great by Richard Manuel's vocal).

Weekender likes this.
  7. Bart

Bart pfm Member

Out of all Macca’s dodgy efforts it’s certainly not the worst one :D
    (Seemed to go down well at Glasto too)

8. DipsyDave

DipsyDave pfm Member

Also, Talking In My Sleep from Four Sail. Jars with the rest of the album. Whereas everything else on it sounds pure late 60s, that one seems to hark back to around 1964.

vince rocker likes this.
  9. DipsyDave

DipsyDave pfm Member

Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast, on Floyd's Atom Heart Mother. Bit of a waste really. Love the other three tracks on the second side. Might be in a minority here, but I do like the AHM suite on side 1 as well.

Robn likes this.
  10. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

I could never really be doing with LA Blues on The Stooges ‘Fun House’ (cue cries of ‘best track on the album mate!)

11. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

Unfashionably, I rate AHM as one of Floyd’s best albums and I even like the breakfast track.

Euan likes this.
  12. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

Embarrassed to say that I haven’t got Four Sail and can’t remember what it sounds like.

13. mikechadwick

mikechadwick pfm Member

Shame it's the whole of side 2 :eek:

14. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

Quite, that’s how good the rest of the album is.

15. Engels

Engels pfm Member

oh god yes... you win. I bet Miles is still smiling ;) about the inclusion of 'Nothing Like You' - 1:55 of the most unlikely music on any Miles record

paulfromcamden likes this.
  16. Engels

Engels pfm Member

I was going to say ' Well Its True That We Love One Another' on 'Elephant' by The White Stripes, or 'Mother's Lament' from 'Disraeli Gears' by Cream... but the Miles Davis one beats them

17. cj66

cj66 pfm Member

I don't dislike it but know what you mean, it's severely out of place. Much like Hot Dog on Zep's In Through The Out Door.

18. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

"We'd like to make the album just under two minutes longer. Do you have anything we might be able to use? Ideally it should be a completely different band in a completely different style recorded years earlier with a cheesy crooner. How about an outtake from that Christmas compilation we did? That would be perfect..."

Engels and mikechadwick like this.
  19. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

How's about Husker Du's mighty and magnificent 'Flip Your Wig'.

What were they thinking including this...

Mr.Nic likes this.
  20. seagull

seagull Seabird flavour member

I wonder how long a thread about this would last on the Steve Hoffman Forum.