advertisement

Graham Slee Novo headphone amp kit

Fudgemaster

pfm Member
Has anyone any experience of this headphone amp, please? My current listening is done with SR80s, plugged into an old Denon DRW 650 twin cassette deck, fed by a 72/140. The kit seems a good way of getting a quality amp, at an affordable price?
I must admit that the Fubar 4 is a very tempting alternative, but as it will be a Christmas present I'd like to keep the price down.

Muchas gracias, Toffeeman1878, for just the info I was looking for. I'm convinced, so my order will be going in soon. As Zener has found out, it's hard to improve on, and I'm assuming you're still happy with yours? It would appear that it will be a significant improvement on my cassette player. I'm intending getting a Flashback cable to connect to the Tape socket of my 72

great headphone amp. live near and know graham and team. he is always there to talk to and if it becomes a prob they fix it very quick and cheap. save the box it is in

Thanks, Zener and rich46. I'm reasonably competent with a soldering iron, and will have access to experts re component identification and assembly. But, just when I think I've arrived at a decision, Upgradeitis rears it's head, in the form of the Little Dot III. I've read about the particular sound quality of valve amps, their smooth, "liquid" sound, and am tempted to try one. The LDIII can be improved by using different valves, and seems quite impressive in reviews. The price is about the same as the Novo. Having no operating experience of valves, what sort of life expectancy might the tubes have, please? My listening is 3 hours, max, most nights. Placement needs consideration, due to the heat generated, but are there any other caveats I should be aware of, please?

advertisement

Back