advertisement

Graham Parker

saturn9

pfm Member
I was a big fan of GP & The Rumour back in the day but lost track at around the time of Another Grey Area. Is any of the newer stuff worth picking up? For any leftover fans this is released next month.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Deepcut To Nowhere is good. Plenty on Spotify to checkout (incl that live album), albeit a good few missing as well. Stick To Me was always my favourite along with that live official bootleg thing.

Recently picked up the CD Squeezing Out Sparks + Live Sparks - already got the limited-ed live one on vinyl but never had the original classic Sparks for some reason. The Mona-Lisa's Sister happens to be a particular favourite of mine, right down to the cover of Cupid. Also have Struck By Lightning which is nowhere near as good IMHO. Must admit that until I took a look on AMG I didn't quite realise he was still churning stuff out - and now I might take a punt on something more recent. Anybody out there got Don't Tell Columbus?

I loved GP too. i remember buying squeezing out the sparks 78/79, and parallel lines on the same trip. I saw him in around the time of , i think ,another grey area. He'd binned the Rumour and had a US bunch of session blokes with him, including IIRC Carlos Aloma on bass. i remember not liking the gig much. 20 years later i think i saw him do a solo show at the forum , or as it was then the T and C club. I must have a good inch and a half of his stuff on the black stuff.

advertisement

Back