advertisement

Grace Jones is 70

Saw her at LoveBox festival some years back, madcap and brilliant at the same time. Have many of the LP's (sic) and most of her output on CD. Compass Point Sessions gets a spin every once in a while, and usually triggers a wander through Sly & Robbie's output..

Steve

What a performer, I saw her live at Glastonbury and she absolutely smashed it. Gloriously individual and powerful woman, looks more like 45 than 70, but black skin ages well...

I bought a house in Windsor years ago because it had a massive wood burner and "Nightclubbing" was playing when we looked around (OK there were a couple of other reasons ;)). I have much of her stuff on original vinyl and CD. The 2014 "Deluxe" edition of Nightclubbing is currently getting some airtime here. Great memories! But she is scary - anyone remember the famous "Russell Harty incident"?

Grace Jones.

She is a legend.

And still going strong.

Sorry, find it impossible to post links from the ipad but look on You Tube for Grace Jones' performance of Slave to the Rhythm last year at the North Sea Jazz 2017.

What an outfit! And she hoola hoops through the entire performance. Cant see the current generation of performers being remotely capable of doing that.

Slave to the Rhythm is one of my very favourite albums. More recently Hurricane is a terrific listen and proves she was still amazing at 60.

We must be due another now she 70!

Sorry, find it impossible to post links from the ipad but look on You Tube for Grace Jones' performance of Slave to the Rhythm last year at the North Sea Jazz 2017.

Just select and copy the URL from Safari and paste it into your post here, e.g.

I would renounce republicanism in a flash for Queen Grace.
It would be worth it just to see the look on DoEs face.

She's 70? Wow. Funnily nuff recently gave the Compass Point Sessions a blast on Cd a few weeks ago during a Trevor Horn "things I own that were done by him " thing .

Sounded bloody Awesome. Actjually

advertisement

Back