advertisement

Government internet censorship plans

Dont know if anyones read this but Mastercard and Visa have been blocked from providing payments to Swedish VPN providers:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/07/04/payment_block_swedish_vpns/

So we have the strange state of affairs where credit cards can be used to buy weapons, which kill a lot of people, but not VPN, due to the nebulous claim that it costs content providers a few bucks. So profits before people, nice.

. . .So profits before people, nice.

Not sure but can not savvy users pay by Bitconn? No way, the Feds are thinking of applying money laundering laws against Bitoin prviders and Bitcoin gateways into mainstream financial networks. So, may not be profit may not be the reason but a way to strangle the general use of VPNs for whatever reason.

Not sure but can not savvy users pay by Bitconn? No way, the Feds are thinking of applying money laundering laws against Bitoin prviders and Bitcoin gateways into mainstream financial networks. So, may not be profit may not be the reason but a way to strangle the general use of VPNs for whatever reason.

Monitor the NHS to provide make sure patients are being looked after?, no way too much trouble, markets will deliver etc, result 20,000 extra deaths. Internet monitoring?, bring it on, save the world from terrorism, result no lives saved and maybe Shrek 3 doesn't get downloaded but then it doesn't get bought either on account that its crap.

Mumsnet classics has many hours of wasting your employer's time chortling away while pretending to work.

My favourite was the thread about things people used to believe until an embarrassingly late age where a woman confessed to thinking Tigers were female Lions into her twenties, only for another poster to pop with "You mean they aren't?".

What I find more worrying at the moment is the government attempts to use the internet like a nanny state.

These direct gov sites where you are supposed to be able to ask them advice about money. Like they are some sort of friendly advice centre we can trust.

We know they are shite but we havent done anything yet. They havent had much to worry about have they. "Down with this sort of thing" "Careful Now"

Maybe we will wake up as a group one day.

So far I havent found any censorship thats a problem. Its up to parents to monitor and look after their children. Goodness knows what I would have been doing if the internet was available as a child....titties.....it beats the grattans catalogue :)

advertisement

Back