advertisement

Got any petrol or diesel?

IMG-20210925-095249.jpg

This guy could find himself in a heap of trouble with the law and his insurance company if he kept it at home.
As others have said - total idiocy.
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/motoring/rules-storing-fuel-jerry-cans-21671474

Queues round here at 07.30 on way to work were totally ridiculous, went past 5 stations, all with huge amounts of folks waiting, and the plonkers trying to turn right into them while blocking the road from both ways.. Police will be loving this extra work.

Anywhere with any will have a massive queue, if Nottingham city is anything to go by....

My local had restricted the pumps open and had a £30 limit on, decent queue as well. I drove past Tesco first but there was no way I was getting in that queue.

My local Morrison’s didn’t have a queue this afternoon, looked just like a normal Saturday. Hopefully sanity will prevail.

Started our tour round the Scottish west coast islands this morning. We set off from Keswick, no problems filling up there, & no sign of queues or closures on any of the garages we passed today on our way up. Is this panic buying a southern thing?

No, plenty of dickheads up here too, sold out in a number of ‘stations round here.

This guy could find himself in a heap of trouble with the law and his insurance company if he kept it at home.
As others have said - total idiocy.
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/motoring/rules-storing-fuel-jerry-cans-21671474

Queues round here at 07.30 on way to work were totally ridiculous, went past 5 stations, all with huge amounts of folks waiting, and the plonkers trying to turn right into them while blocking the road from both ways.. Police will be loving this extra work.
Round my way on the Sussex coast the police are adopting there usual modus operandi at the first sign of any problem and keeping well out of the way.

All the local petrol stations are now empty and shut. If there wasn't a fuel shortage before, there is now!

Round my way on the Sussex coast the police are adopting there usual modus operandi at the first sign of any problem and keeping well out of the way.

All the local petrol stations are now empty and shut. If there wasn't a fuel shortage before, there is now!
There really isn’t. The problem was in getting it to the forecourts, that’s now been made worse by the f***wits

No fuel in any filling station around here apparently. My neighbour always fills up on a Saturday when she does her shopping but no dice and she has less than 40 miles left. I told her that if she can’t get any tomorrow she can have the 15 or so litres left in my lawnmower jerry can so she can go to work on Monday. What a bloody mess!!!

Tried to get diesel earlier tday as my Tiguan is showing I have 20mile range left in tank but none left in my rural Galloway town, got hospital appointment on Monday morning so a mate is bringing a Jerry can of red diesel to tide me over.

I'm praying that things calm down in the next few days. Both our cars are low and we have our first trip away since the start of the pandemic booked for next weekend. I did drop in to one petrol station (Esso) yesterday as I was passing and it didn't look especially busy, but they didn't have any unleaded left.

I got straight into Asda for petrol, they’d run out of diesel though.

#fuelwanker in front of me filling up a Jerry can, and every station I’ve been past this afternoon has had queues except esso which is 5p litre more.

We seem to be lurching from one crisis after another, we’ve certainly got what we derserve #Leadbydonkey

I thought tanker drivers were a separate breed from your general HGV driver? Were all the tanker drivers foreigners as well then? I thought they were already on a good crack so am surprised to hear we are short of them as well.

I thought tanker drivers were a separate breed from your general HGV driver? Were all the tanker drivers foreigners as well then? I thought they were already on a good crack so am surprised to hear we are short of them as well.
There was a a haulage company owner on 4 this morning called Toby something. He said they are not struggling with the long distance jobs, just the short and medium distance ones. I assume delivering fuel is a shortish kind of job. The retired or doing other jobs people don't want to come back for these types of driving jobs. I wondered if the short run jobs had too much city work ie too much traffic, too many stops and unloading and not enough time away from the wife.

Interestingly he said it was nothing to do with Brexit, just that the pay and conditions and living costs in Eastern Europe made it less attractive here.

advertisement

Back