advertisement

Gorilla record boxes or similar

fegs

pfm Member
Hi
Has anyone had any experience of the Gorilla range of record storage boxes?

I'm looking at these -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B012G8TXD8/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Or can anyone suggest anything better please?

They're for storage in the home and not for transportation, would prefer them to be in this orientation i.e top opening, to make flicking through them if that makes sense?

Cheers

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Yes - I'm happy. I use them for records and other stuff. They are stackable and are a bit easier on the eye than some of the flight case type stuff nor as clinical as Ikea stuff can get.

Yes, I'm interested in this too! All of my LPs are housed in a big rack, but the 12" singles are in record boxes. I have overflowed out of the current boxes (10 boxes, each holding around 60 each), so I'm looking to buy some new ones, preferably ones that hold 100 each. They have to be strong enough to lift, because they sit in front of the LP rack! I like the Apple Vintage boxes & they're a good price too, but I prefer ones with lids to keep the dust out. I very nearly bought one of the Oypla 100 x 12 Aluminium Flight cases, but they had some pretty bad reviews.

For the 10", covers 33 have some. Any other ideas appreciated!

I have 6 or 7 of the ones you linked to fegs & I really like them. I have too many records to keep all of them in the house so I bought these so I could put some in the garage with some protection as it can get a little damp in there in the winter months. Easy to carry them into the house when I rotate them too which is a bonus, & they do keep the damp out.

I have 6 or 7 of the ones you linked to fegs & I really like them. I have too many records to keep all of them in the house so I bought these so I could put some in the garage with some protection as it can get a little damp in there in the winter months. Easy to carry them into the house when I rotate them too which is a bonus, & they do keep the damp out.

Thanks, are you happy with the build quality of them?

For the 10", covers 33 have some. Any other ideas appreciated!

They also have 12” boxes

https://www.covers33.co.uk/product-category/for-your-vinyl/12-vinyl/12-storage-cases/

I’ve just ordered the Black Wooden Flightcase at £54.50 which looks smart I think.

https://www.covers33.co.uk/shop/for...12-storage-cases/12-black-wooden-flight-case/

Decided to go this route rather than shelving this time around. If I limit my collection to 200-300 it should work out OK.

wow look at the prices! I am glad I kept my old fashioned LP cases I picked up for small change years ago, when they were used by sellers bringing in their old LPs to sell. Maybe try 2nd hand shops for the same?

I'm using these for the 12" singles the moment, some a bit worse for wear & overflowing at the end as you can see!

Reactions: ask
Actually, my wife just reminded me that it was originally to keep the dog out when she was a puppy. She wouldn't go in there now, but cats seem to have no such boundaries!

Reactions: ask

advertisement

Back