Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Google Play Music RIP - which Android music player?

Discussion in 'audio' started by springer, Nov 11, 2020.

1. springer

springer pfm Member

So Google Play Music is no more. I only discovered this when I came to listen to something on my android phone as I was walking the dog yesterday. It suggested moving everything to YouTube Music or something, but that didn’t seem to do much when I tried it. Anyone got any solid recommendations for a music player for android handsets? This is for local playback only - got 200+ GB of tunes on the SD card in there - no streaming or subscriptions. All the ‘best of’ lists seem to go with different options, and opening the Play store throws up hundreds of options All I want to do is play music. No thrills, spills or equalisers. I’m not even that bothered about playlists. I throw it over to you Fishies.....

2. dudywoxer

dudywoxer pfm Member

musicolet seems ok

3. guey

guey pfm Member

I use Poweramp, which is fine

4. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

5. Pedro83

Pedro83 pfm Member

Onkyo HF Player. Best music app I've encountered and warrants the small cost should you wish to upgrade. I cannot recall what you get by purchasing - maybe HiRes. You will be able to see if it's to your taste before buying and may well be fine with the free version.

6. say it as it is

say it as it is pfm Member

just seen this i used to use this to connect to my car grrr