advertisement

[FS] Goodmans Triaxiom 1220C with ARU units.

eastone

pfm Member
Finally accepting that I’m just not going to get a chance to build cabs for these so hoping someone else here would like to instead.

Drivers bought from a friendly fish last year (or maybe the year before?) - collected in person so they wouldn’t be subject to any rough handling. I believe they had been stored for the best part of a decade before I bought them.

They are the TOTL 1220c version.

ARUs were bought more recently from eBay and are in very good condition.

Drivers are in good condition with no cone rub.

I used them for about a month in my Tannoy Chatsworth cabinets which unfortunately are not big enough to get low bass out of the Goodmans. The quality of the drivers was quite apparent however - they are cleaner and more transparent than my Monitor Golds - and I’m certain that in the right cabinet (120L+) they would be very satisfying indeed.

The crossover cap has been replaced (with a Mundorf IIRC) as the originals were waaaay out of spec. I also bypassed the L-pads as per advice on diyaudio. I have the aluminium containers for the crossovers.

These are for collection only from Edinburgh EH15 as I just don’t have time to organise all the packaging that would be needed to ship them safely. And even then I would be reluctant - I don’t suppose there’s many examples of these around nowadays.

I’m thinking £400 for drivers and ARUs but may be open to sensible offers.

I’m about to set off for a week’s camping so don’t want to get them out of the cupboard for pics this afternoon.

If there is some interest when I’m back next weekend I will happily unbox them and provide images.

Cheers

Ian

advertisement

Back