advertisement

good remote control?

linnaudio

glad my Naim isnt really Linn
any one know any good remotes? i want a touch screen tablet kind of one, i currently have the logitech harmony 1100 which works everything fine but on 2 occasions now when ive been turning the pre amp volume up and released the button its kept going up to the poinbt where ive had to run to the hifi and turn it down. Just not worth damaging anything over a remote. Its defo the remote as its done it once on the tv and sometimes when ive been changing tracks.

I use an ageing Marantz RC9200, which is great.
I'm not sure what their current model is, but they are good.

On the matter of the remote issuing sproadic/incorrect commands, it can be that it was sampled wrong; it took me ages to get the down-arrow for a Philips freeview box working.

I had a big Marantz one for 10yrs, heavy use. It's just died. They do cost a lot but last and last. Not sure what they do these days? Will have to have a search.
Touch screen would have to be gorilla glass and capacitive OLED technology for me to even be considered. Resistive touch just does not do it anymore.

I use a "one-for-all" thing I bought from Amazon for not a lot. My needs are fairly basic, just TV control, + volume/input selection/mute/on&off for the hi fi amp. No CD player & my i-pad controls the Mac/DAC side of things. No surround sound or dvd etc in my system.
It works really well for my basic needs.
Matt.

The Marantz is basically a Philips Pronto.
See here for the modern stuff.
http://www.pronto.philips.com/

I had a Harmony too. Didn't last long. The backlight stayed permanently on hence wouldonly retain a charge for a few hours.
I woudn't touch another with a barge pole as the build quality is apauling

advertisement

Back