advertisement

Good (but cheap) Bluetooth Speaker

Any recommendations for a BT speaker that I can use in the Kitchen (budget - no more than £50). It will have its signal fed from a Amazon Echo Dot. Thanks

Another +1 for Anker. Surprisingly good sound for such a small box and few $$.
I bought my youngest a Soundcore Boost a few months ago, and just bought my eldest the same. I haven't heard the smaller Soundcore so can't compare, but guess that the Boost goes louder and better bass. Certainly sounds good to me. And there are the occasional "TURN IT DOWN!" moments!

All the Anker go on sale or Lightning Deal at Amazon every few weeks (or even days), so if not in a rush and want to save a few £ just wait a couple of weeks.. The boost is £50 normally, was £35 a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N4V4X5M/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I just bought one of these after reading a TNTAudio review. http://www.tnt-audio.com/headphones/dodocool_da108_da150_e.html
Listening to it now, and it's pretty good. And after a lot of emails, I'm getting the £9 discount too.
61DQ-N5U9fL._SL1001_.jpg

BTW their music player is a bargain too.

Thread revival.

Upping the ante to £100ish I'm looking for something that can fill an average room with full toned music. Source will be my Sam S7.

So far, from web searches, I've shortlisted the JBL Charge3 and the Fugoo Style. I have briefly heard the JBL vs the UE Boom2 side by side and thought the UE was a bit tinny in comparison.
I listen to more rock and blues than anything else but certainly not exclusively, ranging from chamber music to metal.

Any peeps out there with first hand experience?

BTW , new only.

I've got the UE boom and the Flip 3, not a lot in it if anything. So if the Flip3 is £60 ish now i'd get that.

Recently bought a Marshall Acton. Absolutely love it.

Surprisingly big and clear sound (even through BT), with useful bass and treble knobs.

Feels nice too, and looks cool.

It's not portable though (needs to be plugged in), if that's a downside.

£140 but seems great value.

Preferred it to an Audio Pro T3 and Bose soundlink.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Another vote for the Anker here. Amazed at the sound quality. Also the charge lasts forever.

I originally bought one for my niece. After about 3 months I asked her how long it lasts before the internal battery needs recharging. She said she didn't know as it still hadn't needed recharging. I assumed it mustn't get much use but was assured she was listening to it for an hour or so on average every couple of days.

That was when I bought one for our house. I had a Creative equivalent previously and it went through batteries like no tomorrow.

Thanks for the comments chaps.
The left field suggestion of active Diamonds and a CCA would be best for sound but not portable to other rooms/outside.
I did look at the Marshall but have not found a seller here in Thailand yet (edit...suddenly appeared all over the place!), making post and import tax a deal breaker, plus I may take it on outings from time to time so mains only would be a bummer.
The JBLs are available at a 50% price hike but offers come around quite often so I'll go for 2plus or 3 depending on the next offer.
The Ankers seem too cheap to be in the running but I could be way off there, again not available here.

Not only but also, are the AKG K450s still the inexpensive, closed, on ear can of choice? (For travelling.......quietly!).

Last edited:

advertisement

Back