advertisement

Good and inexpensive speaker cable from Blue Jeans Cable

Bob Edwards

pfm Member
All -

Not that anyone asked, and I don't mean to stir up another cable debate, but thought I'd share an experience with Blue Jeans Cable.

I was looking for an inexpensive but decent speaker cable to run between my Meridian 551 and Thiel CS2.2 speakers. I had an old pair of Audioquest Type 4 and an old set of white NACA5, the latter have Naim plugs on one end and bare wire on the other - not ideal.

So I ordered a set of Canare 4S11 cables from Blue Jeans Cable, with BFA plugs on one end and spades to fit the Thiels on the other. They arrived in a couple of days - impressive considering they had to build them - not a combo they stock premade. And they sound very good even out of the box (and apparently take a long time to break in). They're better than both the AQ and Naim cables (in that system anyway, which I think goes without saying). Total cost - $102 USD for a 9' pair.

So if you need a well-made and inexpensive speaker cable, Blue Jeans Cable is worth a shot. (And I know several members here have pushed Canare or Mogami for a long time . . . )

I used to hear about them a lot but we have so many good companies in UK like Mark Grant etc that not heard about them recently

I used to hear about them a lot but we have so many good companies in UK like Mark Grant etc that not heard about them recently

Blue Jeans might be more helpful to folks in the US given that. But figured I'd at least share - seem to be a lot of people looking for good and affordable cables. Enough of the $40K USD speaker cables with bullshit stories attached to them . . .

I've bought from them a couple of times in the past and would do again. Anyone after a well made, appropriately specified non-foo cable should consider them.

advertisement

Back