advertisement

Goldring Lenco TT

GavinA

pfm Member
Just seen a Goldring Lenco turntable in the Oxfam record shop in Stockbridge, Edinburgh. It’s the classic one(GL75?) and a bit tatty. It includes what looks like the original arm, lying upside down, detached from its tubular post. No price shown but I imagine it has been gifted and not yet processed. Local forum habituees might wish to check it out.

I tried to buy a turntable from them once before and was told they don’t sell electronics. Was probably a donation that will end up in the skip!

Cool, I remember you mentioning you had a lead on one, good to hear it landed. If you need to know anything I have a complete 3d model of a Lenco in my head. The L75 was my first turntable and I know every nut, bolt and circlip on first name terms.

I just need to get a plinth for it. The rest of it looks in great nick.

I wonder how different it will sound to the LP12?

A pic of the 78. If anyone knows of a good place to buy a plinth I'd appreciate it.

y4mKzA-e3t6OxSj0Q_wzSj_1dhygj2CMFg2CAVYLO7C9XKe2nNzyzrIAmeAXXoF13kEdSflaPF99CzvDU56VkCwqNCpJG6aCGRHdSispvVVHGt2WzlFi9YbEjzALCD4od7wzhTfpiz0C68qg9146Xh79uaZOiXmpA5xh184Gx8CNE9Osjae3MAAze-4YF_R6y1k

And some CDs and cassettes to play on it.

PS Whilst the photo is blurry one of the CDs is on Impulse, so at least one good title in there. A few ASV too, so some likely decent classical too.

advertisement

Back