advertisement

Going to the pub on Saturday?

Yes, that works both ways in that we sometimes accept poor treatment also.

I don't, anymore. Recent trips to the ENT at my local place have been met with one consultant who was very dismissive, and another who was the total opposite. I've found that i can, all be it diplomatically and politely, express dissatisfaction if its required and needed.

we have been to the local a couple of times, quiet. That being said they always were.

Went to another pub for a meal for me birthday. Its all just a bit weird eating out, but worse (and as a chef I can understand) they have transferred a lot of the menu from the quirky great stuff they were doing, to frozen shite so as to avoid waste. I get it I honestly do but the price has not adjusted to reflect this and on that basis, sadly, that one is now off the list.

I think there are various reasons to want to think that the number of readers is as low as possible, when in actual fact the tabloids direct public political discourse.

Much of the non-print media acts as little more than a magnifier for the print media's set of opinions, and to think that press barons don't dictate the political weather in the UK is wilfully naive.

Pretty much how it is in my opinion, not only that there is the subliminal messaging too. For instance everyone buying petrol on any given day walks past newspaper stands all bearing headlines such as how the immigrants are taking their jobs and in many cases that will be the only print media they 'consume' ... doesn't take long for a proportion of them to start thinking "it's in the papers all the time... it must be true".

went to the 'spoons last night. Had to queue for 10 mins before we realised that my neighbour was in their occupying 2 seats of a 4 seat table.....so we were ushered in. My mate that is a team leader says capacity is 250 now as against 650 in the olden days.

they have installed some nice screens between tables. Table service and app working well.

Pleasant evening.

I don't, anymore. Recent trips to the ENT at my local place have been met with one consultant who was very dismissive, and another who was the total opposite. I've found that i can, all be it diplomatically and politely, express dissatisfaction if its required and needed.

Yes I've learnt to do that too. A few times, a polite constructive email to the practice manager or senior consultant, on one occasion months of chasing through the complaints procedure with the local CCG for a more serious matter.

Yes, I am the same but you have to be careful. For example, I am not too happy with how my treatment is being carried out but I am not about to get on he wrong side of a surgeon who will be cutting me open at some stage.

Its all just a bit weird eating out, but worse (and as a chef I can understand) they have transferred a lot of the menu from the quirky great stuff they were doing, to frozen shite so as to avoid waste. I get it I honestly do but the price has not adjusted to reflect this and on that basis, sadly, that one is now off the list.

My mate that is a team leader says capacity is 250 now as against 650 in the olden days.

they have installed some nice screens between tables. Table service and app working well.

Pubs, bars and restaurants are going to have to find a way to turn a profit on around 25-40% of the clientele. That means margins have to rise significantly so prices are going to have to go up or, if not, quality is coming down. Personally, I'd rather pay more, but then I can afford to. Many can't, or won't.

Since the 'Lock Down' I've been buying bulk meat and fish with a neighbour from restaurant suppliers with the nouse to look for domestic customers in hard times. I'm happy to eat quality food and drinks at home and it will take very near to normality before I venture back to a pub/restaurant although I do miss draught beer. Very few bottled/canned beers are as good as their draught version.

Finally went for Friday lunch with @Andrew C! and partners around an outside table at the White Swan, Blyth. Desperate Dan pie and four pints of Black Sheep bitter had me nodding off contentedly by tea time - very pleasant afternoon.

took a look into the largest 'spoons in the country yesterday (Ramsgate) pretty busy.

Went and found a tiny micro pub with three socially distanced tables and nice beer. Drank for few hours while the rain went

Finally went for Friday lunch with @Andrew C! and partners around an outside table at the White Swan, Blyth. Desperate Dan pie and four pints of Black Sheep bitter had me nodding off contentedly by tea time - very pleasant afternoon.

Indeed it was - bonus was Mrs C offering to drive home:D

Had first proper day/night out yesterday.

Couple of drinks at the excellent Millowners Arms before a meal at Domo followed by a few more drinks at Sawgrinders & The Wellington.

Had a lot to drink, all the places we went to were very busy with the exception of the last pub which was pretty dead.

been to a good few pubs and eateries in Margate over the weekend. Some busy, but excellent social distancing, plenty supplies of alcohol based sanitizers, good recording of contact details in the event of an outbreak.

took a look into the largest 'spoons in the country yesterday (Ramsgate) pretty busy.
/QUOTE]

Had a look at that Wetherspoons on line. Goodness, it's massive. I read that not only is it the largest Spoons, it's the biggest pub in Europe!

Had first proper day/night out yesterday.

Couple of drinks at the excellent Millowners Arms before a meal at Domo followed by a few more drinks at Sawgrinders & The Wellington.

Had a lot to drink, all the places we went to were very busy with the exception of the last pub which was pretty dead.

been to a good few pubs and eateries in Margate over the weekend. Some busy, but excellent social distancing, plenty supplies of alcohol based sanitizers, good recording of contact details in the event of an outbreak.

Genuine question and meant with no malice or otherwise but why go somewhere where you are increasing your chances of exposure when you can have a drink at home just as easily? I'm not a pub person myself on account of the fact I don't drink alcohol so the drinking bit I can't really compare, but I love eating out.... however I just don't feel it's worth the risk right now. As I said not criticising as we are all different, but does it not worry you?

Genuine question and meant with no malice or otherwise but why go somewhere where you are increasing your chances of exposure when you can have a drink at home just as easily? I'm not a pub person myself on account of the fact I don't drink alcohol so the drinking bit I can't really compare, but I love eating out.... however I just don't feel it's worth the risk right now. As I said not criticising as we are all different, but does it not worry you?
It is all about managing risk, I was very impressed by how the pubs adhered to the measures & I do like to support local businesses.

Ultimately it is down to the individual.

advertisement

Back