advertisement

Going to the pub on Saturday?

I stand corrected, I had a high figure of just under a 1000 in my head.

I think to be fair you are right on what was announced but when the figures are allocated correctly to the dates that was the figure for the worst day... so far of course.

I think to be fair you are right on what was announced but when the figures are allocated correctly to the dates that was the figure for the worst day... so far of course.
Ok thanks, I think the care home stats were added after the fact.

Care homes is where the big tragedy struck, nearly half the deaths. The ‘protecting the NHS’ strategy has been proven to be a crock of....

We are learning more all the time, the delay in lockdown is almost irrelevant compared to the catastrophic decision taken to empty the wards of oldies without testing.

I stand corrected, I had a high figure of just under a 1000 in my head.
That's because you're thinking of the numbers announced at the daily briefings which, initially, didn't count deaths in care homes. The ONS adjusted for that (and other issues) later which revealed that for a week or so in April, the number of deaths exceeded 1000 per day.

Ha! Tiggers beat me to it.

That's because you're thinking of the numbers announced at the daily briefings which, initially, didn't count deaths in care homes. The ONS adjusted for that (and other issues) later which revealed that for a week or so in April, the number of deaths exceeded 1000 per day.
See up thread

75% of tests sent out are not returned by the subjects for analysis.
Hancock’s figures are of tests sent out...

thats what the quiet neighbour did, coughing like goodun, phoned 111, got sent a test, put it in the bin after a couple of days

Are you sure on that figure, I read today that it is about 20% which is not coming back.

Govt figs are 10,505,758 tests out & 8,058,510 returned.

Baffling why you would ask for a test & not return it.

Are you sure on that figure, I read today that it is about 20% which is not coming back.

Govt figs are 10,505,758 tests out & 8,058,510 returned.

it’s a third of home testing kits not returned and 75% of home test and care home kits not returned according to the govt in today’s Times.

Where I live there might be tourists in the pub, so the risk of catching Coronavirus is a lot greater, the risk is simply not worth it. It just take one person to spread this virus, even if one recovers from this virus it will not be a complete recovery as proven by all the other survivors. I will wait when the second spike has fully washed out and maybe then consider mixing with the public in enclosed spaces.

Where I live there might be tourists in the pub, so the risk of catching Coronavirus is a lot greater, the risk is simply not worth it. It just take one person to spread this virus, even if one recovers from this virus it will not be a complete recovery as proven by all the other survivors. I will wait when the second spike has fully washed out and maybe then consider mixing with the public in enclosed spaces.

Your avatar suggests that you live in Cornwall. Not so many tourists this summer, I gather that the Cornish have reverted to being quietly, and sometimes very noisily, hostile to outsiders.

Went for my very first venture in a pub this afternoon.

50089900413_35cdc6bf5a_b.jpg

I assessed the place thoroughly before I went in and decided that the likelihood of a riot breaking out with all the youngsters there, one or two looked under 50, was minimal and so thought I’d risk it

I think this may be one of the problems with "free" healthcare. Don't get me wrong, the UK NHS is a far superior model to the US monetize-the-suffering form of healthcare, but I do think it can lead people to undervalue the NHS's services. If they lived a year in the US they'd return to the UK with a renewed appreciation for the NHS.

advertisement

Back