Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Global Hum

Discussion in 'audio' started by Hipper, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Hipper

Hipper pfm Member

2. a.palfreyman

a.palfreyman pfm Member

I have long suffered (more then a decade) with tinnitus and this seems to imply it may be a similar phenomenon, i.e. "from within" rather than from external noise sources. I have only ever experienced something similar on a couple of occasions where I was left for a few moments with a deep, throbbing sound in my ears. Not loud but noticeable. That was after a period of listening to the TV via headphones and only manifest itself after removing the headphones. The only thing I could put that down to was some inaudible mains hum that caused a "latent image" (like when you stare at something, then avert your gaze to a plain surface where you will see a negative image of what you were staring at) after removal of the 'phones, but never made any measurements so can't confirm this. I also seem to get a slightly similar effect after listening to a prolonged, relatively constant deep bass note as a sort of after-effect.
    AP