advertisement

Glastonbury 22

I’m on the PSBs now. Nice to see a band bring their own street lamp. Hardly any do.

PS Seems to be a Pet Shop Boy, singular. Doesn’t seem to make any difference to productivity at all, so I hope the missing one has a good trade union.

Years & Years very good as well. I’ve been guilty of some eye rolling with the whole LGBT+ thing being pushed so heavily. But that was mainly around my belief that the battle for equality has been won.

The rise of religious fascism in America, and recent murders in a gay club jolted me out of that. The freedoms gay people enjoy now, would be swiftly removed if some people got their way.

In that context, the need for pride and resistance is vital. So the dancers in the Years & Years show were fantastic.

Just watched some Amyl and The Sniffers, cracking stuff, she is mad as a box of frogs and all the better for it.

Just watching the rest of the PSBs set and given comments upthread about elderly pop stars Neil Tennant not only still hits the notes, but sounds far younger than his 67 years doing so.

I was surprised he was as old as that when I looked it up on Sunday, moves like a younger man too. Ageing well like a fine wine :D Where's Jez when you need a PSB comment? ;)

Just watching the rest of the PSBs set and given comments upthread about elderly pop stars Neil Tennant not only still hits the notes, but sounds far younger than his 67 years doing so.
Most of it is talking tbf. ;) Sprechgesang being the in-vogue term. They were good though.

i was so impressed - he was getting a little ragged towards the end of the set. The crowd look deliriously happy. We bought tickets to their wembley gig in 2023

I'm always looking forward to the electronic acts but after seeing Chemical Brothers, Justice on previous Glasto's I think this year was pretty flat.
I did like Confidence Man and strangely really enjoyed Crowded House.

advertisement

Back