advertisement

Glastonbury 2014

Tw99

source last
Haven't seen much so far.. Lily Allen was good fun yesterday, just watching Arcade Fire from last night. It looks like an impressive performance, and I'm enjoying it, but it's a pity there's absolutely no dynamics coming through at all... They must have the compression turned up to 11 :(

Any other recommendations ?

Paolo Nutini was excellent last night. Wasn't much of a fan of his before but I've been digging his latest album and his performance last night really impressed me. Loved the setlist which focused mainly on the new material but also and new arrangements of some back catalogue. Streets ahead of the uninspiring monotony that's usually plagues the festival. Shame on the BBC for cutting him off just halfway through his set on BBC Three. Had to continue watching it live via web stream…..

Blondie was a nostalgia trip for me. I saw them perform their first gig at CBGBs on the Bowery/Lower East Side of Manhattan. They did all the favorites and it was fun reliving my past.

I thought Churches were excellent, really big sound. Arcade Fire were stunning! The best performance I've seen at Glastonbury in years.

Just finished watching AF... Yep, really good set, massive energy and a great show. Feel a bit flat now !

Arcade Fire were excellent. I've seen them four times at gigs as well. The Flaming Lips, Queens Of The Stone Age and AF, are easily the best North American bands I have seen live in the last decade.

Jack

AF were great. Made a decision after the Reflektors gig at the Roundhouse not to go and see them again as they were so good! Mistake!

I'm looking forward to seeing what Metallica can muster tonight. I'm not a big fan but sometimes that's a good way to be with a Glastonbury headline act....I have no expectations at all.

I don't get HAIM. What am I missing?
Just watching them now. Never heard of them and I assume the attraction is three decent looking girls that can sort of play their instruments*. What's with the **** faces the bass player pulls.

*Edit that after hearing the singer's solo on second or third song...Angus Young's got nothing to worry about.

I missed yesterday entirely as I was away, I'll try and pick up anything interesting on iPlayer later in the week. Watching now and very impressed by Kelis's rhythm section!

Blimey, the female BBC presenters are God awful. One of them seems to spit at her poor interviewees.

Actually have watched quite a bit so far and is it me or does there seem to be more good stuff worth watching this year, just catching the end of Jack White

advertisement

Back