advertisement

Glasto 2024

Heilung ....it's Glasto 70's style... just a few years later... quite enjoying it.
Is it dad rock? Was LCD dad rock?

Loving Heilung, what a performance, something properly different.

Enjoyed that too, my other half loves Heilung and saw them in Hammersmith a couple of months back, a fabulous concert she says… then they were also at the Download last weekend and didn’t go down quite so well with the proper metalheads!

I’ll watch LCD on catchup.

Flipped to King Krule (never heard of them) on the Park Stage as background music. Sounded a bit dull though very heartfelt through first songs... until a few minutes ago. Just woke up a bit. ..

Edit....not at all sure about bringing a young child (daughter) on stage....probably not a good idea.

Liking the music though.

King Krule - enjoyed it somewhat, but can't say I'd ever search them out to listen to them again...

Not the best friday night for a while at Glasto..

Dua Lipa - if I want to watch a pop music video on youtube then I can do that anytime....not doing it for me....

Idles it is, fun as always....glad I'm not actually there down at the front...

Watched a bit. LCD, Polly and Dexys. I'll try and catch Dupa Lipa tomorrow. One Kiss has become a Liverpool FC anthem!
Saw Headie One doing an interview on the 10 o'clock news. A few years now since I cross examined him at court! Talent normally outlives temporary difficulties.

Watched a bit of Dua Lipa, clearly not my wheelhouse (I’d not even heard of her until I noticed she had a headline slot), but she’s really good at it. I’d have stayed a bit longer if the UHD stream hadn’t started glitching in a really odd way (freezing, then fast motion, freezing again etc). She’ll irk the Beatos. I swapped over to Idles, who are making a fine racket, as one would expect.

PS The BBC sound is way better this year IMO, it actually has some punch to it!

Yes, the sound is great.
Think I commented last year that the replays were not the same though. Make the most of 'live'!

Could we get Dua Lipa to do our Eurovision? She'd win.

Never heard anything by Bombay Bicycle Club before today but really enjoyed their show.

The Idles currently blowing me away. Never heard of them before, but any band who can get the whole of Glastonbury to chant “f*ck the king.”

I’m their new number one fan.

advertisement

Back