advertisement

Glasto 2019

Just catching up on this thread and my iPlayer backlog. Enjoyed the Chems and found the Killers v dull. Haven’t listened to a Cure album since Seventeen Seconds but I really liked them. Got Kamasi W, Neneh C and The Good The Bad And The Queen for tonight...

Don’t overlook The Comet Is Coming, that set is just amazing!

PS Reminds me I’ve still got a couple left to watch, e.g. Kate Tempest.

Sorry if this has been discussed but are there fewer full sets on the iPlayer this year than previous years?

Sorry if this has been discussed but are there fewer full sets on the iPlayer this year than previous years?

Last time I looked accessing through the Glastonbury section of iPlayer was pretty crap, but actually searching for the band through the standard search worked.

My experience - you have to actively search for some of these things (in my case the Samsung tv app) - they are somehow not 'listed' in a directory or sub section. Seems odd but there it is

Janelle Monae was proper fierce - great show and performer
Enjoyed the Michael Kiwanuka set as well

OK, tomorrow morning is set aside for archiving some sets from iPlayer. Looking at this thread I’ll start with these (some against my better judgment)

The Comet is Coming
The Cure
Roy Ayers
Kamasi Washington
The Good the Bad etc
Sons of Kemet

anyone else I really shouldn’t miss in your opinion?

The last time I went to Glastonbury was 2001 or 02. A band I knew were playing in the Green Field. I'd been there at least 10 times before, mostly working for the music press, either Sounds or NME.

Once was in 1984, when Fela Kuti headlined. BBC Arena made a documentary about him and his show at Glastonbury.

The weekend was called the Glastonbury CND Festival. There was at the time a bit of an underground feel to Glastonbury and a definite political slant. Things have obviously changed in all sorts of ways since then.

Fela though made his mark.

Jack

Wow...just watched the Comet set all the way through. Blown away. I only watched the first 10 mins or so before..

It's like Hawkwind, the Chems and Coltrane all got together and ....(well, almost, you know what I mean..)

Loved it.

They have a UK tour end of this year, will be going to see them.

OK, tomorrow morning is set aside for archiving some sets from iPlayer. Looking at this thread I’ll start with these (some against my better judgment)

The Comet is Coming
The Cure
Roy Ayers
Kamasi Washington
The Good the Bad etc
Sons of Kemet

anyone else I really shouldn’t miss in your opinion?

...after scanning the thread I’ve added Idles and Baby Metal to the list.

advertisement

Back