advertisement

[IC] Gibson Les Paul Standard 2007

Evo

pfm Member
Hi fellow Fishies, can any of you Gibson experts give me some advice?
I have a black 2007 LP Standard which doesn’t get played- no idea what current values are and surprisingly eBay isn’t helping much. It has a neck repair and the back some buckle rash.
Anyone got an idea what kind of value I might attach to it (ball park). Even for one without the repair etc and I can work back.
Thanks guys!

The neck repair (headstock break I assume) will kill the value to the point I’d not want to guess really. A real vintage guitar can survive that damage and retain a lot of value, but one so recent I’d expect to lose at least 50%. Some will depend on the quality of fix too, a bad repair is worse than having the headstock separate in the case!

I’d be inclined to stick it on eBay with a totally honest description and lots of good pictures at a very low start price and let it find its value. There are lots of idiots out there who will overpay for any Gibson or Fender so a very good chance it goes over-value.

Reactions: Evo
Thanks chaps- might give it a whirl on eBay. At least the repair is very good and I know the Luthier who did the work.

£1500–£1700 seems to be the going rate for a standard these days, but the neck repair will devalue it significantly, as TonyL states. Personally, I'd suggest following his advice but start the bidding at £1k.

£1500–£1700 seems to be the going rate for a standard these days, but the neck repair will devalue it significantly, as TonyL states. Personally, I'd suggest following his advice but start the bidding at £1k.

That is pretty much what I am thinking.

New Les Pauls came down in price a little when the current ownership took over so that knocked the used prices a bit (except during covid). A new LP Standard is £2 200.

advertisement

Back