advertisement

Ghastly expressions you want to see the back of in 2011

AI robot voices are getting a lot better, some of them can almost fool you until they stumble on the odd word. The sorts of casual neologisms catalogued in this thread are amongst the things that will confuse the robot narrator.

AI robot voices are getting a lot better, some of them can almost fool you until they stumble on the odd word. The sorts of casual neologisms catalogued in this thread are amongst the things that will confuse the robot narrator.

All the more reason to use 'em. Confound and confuse our robot overlords!

John

When you ask a service type person something and they say “no problem” - why should there be any doubt about it ever being a ***king problem

I do feel that some of these hated neologisms are just contractions, and have become accepted by common usage. So:

‘enjoy’ = ‘I/we hope you enjoy your food’; and
‘no problem’ = ‘I’m sure that won’t be a problem, sir’.

I don’t, er, have a problem with that.

I do feel that some of these hated neologisms are just contractions, and have become accepted by common usage. So:

‘enjoy’ = ‘I/we hope you enjoy your food’; and
‘no problem’ = ‘I’m sure that won’t be a problem, sir’.

I don’t, er, have a problem with that.

I think "no problem" has an unspoken implication that the request is a bit of an imposition.

I think "no problem" has an unspoken implication that the request is a bit of an imposition.
That’s interesting, I can’t think that I’ve noticed that. And as I’ve deployed the expression once or twice myself, that was never the intent.

Folks
I tend to think of this as American but it has long English usage .Is it kin?wtf is it?
Didn't Bush or someone call terrorists folks.
Fk.that.

advertisement

Back