advertisement

Get an extra phone for Business or Phone with 2 sim cards.

itskeith

pfm Member
I now need to get a phone for Business...

So should i get a second phone?
Or a phone that takes 2 Sim cards (so one handset with both a personal and bus line on it)?

Been using a mac and iPhone for years, but iPhones not available with two sim cards (i believe)!

Any thoughts much appreciated...

As is any recommends for a good make / model of 2 Sim Phone.

Many thanks.
Keith

iphones since the 11 have duel sim, but one is eSim. I have an eSim for home and physical sim for work.

Vodafone have ridiculous deals on esim, I pay 6 quid a month, could have been 4 if I was feeling really tight.

I use a Nokia x20 dual SIM for personal and business.
Different ring tones and very easy to keep the two lives apart, and you can turn them off independently via SIM settings
Had 2 phones before and it was a right PITA
JY

I now need to get a phone for Business...

So should i get a second phone?
Or a phone that takes 2 Sim cards (so one handset with both a personal and bus line on it)?

Been using a mac and iPhone for years, but iPhones not available with two sim cards (i believe)!

Any thoughts much appreciated...

As is any recommends for a good make / model of 2 Sim Phone.

Many thanks.
Keith

iPhone do eSim - but crap for separate business & personal numbers etc... Ie you can't have 2 separate contacts lists, SMS or Whatsapp etc, can't have 2 different sets of ringtones etc

Android do this very well...

I run a Samsung A53 5G for my business mobile and it's come in very handy for dual sim when needed...

Great thanks Guys and good to know.

Will do some more research.

Looks like the iPhone 8+ will be going then!

Great thanks Guys and good to know.

Will do some more research.

Looks like the iPhone 8+ will be going then!

And decent latest Samsung does dual SIM; iPhones do SIM/eSIM from iPhone 11 onwards IIRC - However with eSIMs, you need to make sure your provider does them!

If you just want a phone for business calls only; personally I'd buy a cheap phone and do that and then chuck it in the drawer when you're not working etc...

I found the issue with a dual SIM phone is that I was ALWAYS looking at work stuff...!

IOS allows you to split messages by sim, WhatsApp is an easy fix just down load WhatsApp business, ring tone by sim would be useful I guess but I don’t find it hard to look at my phone to see who is calling.

All in all I have found dual sim to be great on iPhone

I use two sims in my iPhone 13, Esim personal, physical sim for work. Works very well. Certainly beats having to look after two phones.

I used dual sim on my Samsung s10, worked really well. But you lose the micro SD card with the second sim. I used that heavily for music storage which was a bit of a PITA.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back