advertisement

German Nuclear Power Stations

Richard Lines

pfm Member
Good Evening All,

Will the German's have to get their mothballed nuclear reactors back up and running again.

They have relied on Polish electricity (all that lovely coal being burnt) and Russian gas........ strangely one of those has just been turned off.

This and burning Ukrainian crops - how much more will the West tolerate????

I see we're burning gas here and exporting to the Netherlands, France and Norway as I type this.

Regards

Richard

Germany is regretting its lack of a plan B?
Merkel is no longer basking in the love and gratitude of the nation?
What’s the German equivalent of ‘don’t put all yer eggs in one basket’?
What’s the German equivalent of ‘wishful thinking’

We really need to get our own supply of gas and use most of it to build wind turbines, solar panels and SMRs.

The dying gasp of a carbon economy could set the pattern for another 500 years.

Might also slow down the Chinese coal burning.

We really need to get our own supply of gas and use most of it to build wind turbines, solar panels and SMRs.

The dying gasp of a carbon economy could set the pattern for another 500 years.

Might also slow down the Chinese coal burning.

500 years ? You are Optimist of the Year.
Could be game over in 50 on present trends... perhaps I am Pessimist of the Year.

Global Warming or Put in...? If he goes 'postal' there's no telling what the outcome could be. Maybe I'm the pessimist of the decade? (Not a race to the bottom I might add, just a rational 1% worst nightmare type of thing)

They have relied on Polish electricity (all that lovely coal being burnt) and Russian gas........ strangely one of those has just been turned off.

They have plenty of thier own `coal` fired power stations,
I remember seeing all this just after reunification in the 90`s

Funny how all the rest of europe are stopping thier power stations that run from actual `coal` and they are still happy to burn that shite, would burning Europes completely non recycleable plastic waste be more enviromentaly freindly?

Good Evening All,

Will the German's have to get their mothballed nuclear reactors back up and running again.

This and burning Ukrainian crops - how much more will the West tolerate????

I see we're burning gas here and exporting to the Netherlands, France and Norway as I type this.

Regards

Richard

They're firing up the mothballed coal fired stations.

We could sell them all our coal. Oh hang on, we have concreted them all up haven't we Mrs T ?

Germany has never stopped extracting coal. They've got vast open-cast mines digging up lignite, proper grubby stuff. They were busy a year or so ago working their way through several villages and some ancient forest.

I really do wonder what the world will be like for those two lovely little girls next door.
They’re currently 8 and 10 years old.

Cop 26 looks a bit old already.
Yet it was only 9 months ago.
Who would have guessed what was going to happen?

advertisement

Back