advertisement

George A. Romero :Land of the dead

Rob

pfm Member
As I like horrormovies and LOTD out in Holland on the 8th of september I wondered if anyone seen it already anywhere else .
How was the beautiful Asia Argento in her role as Slack ?

Rob.

I haven't seen it but I was at a George Romero talk at the Edinburgh Film Festival on Saturday. Nice guy, comes across very well. Lots of talk about working with Dario Argento (including some funny impressions) and insights into the funding and release process.

I don't know where you're based, but if you like horror films, can I plug Dead By Dawn, the annual Edinburgh horror film fest? I've been going for the past five years or so, and this year we enjoyed a clean original print of "Dawn of the Dead", including a talk session with Ken Foret, a session with Neil Marshall ("Dog Soldiers" and introducing his superb "The Descent") and loads of other great and unusual horror flicks. Beautifully grotesque, just what the doc ordered...

John

Hi John,

I live in Groningen ,Holland, where we also have an annual horrorfestival. Must have been great to hear Romero talking about his movies and the great Mr. Argento.
Recently I've seen the Undead, a low budget zombiemovie from New Zealand. Very good indeed.
Any recommandations on your behalf ?

Rob.

Yep, I saw it, and I think it is pretty good. It has a powerful and atmospheric post-apocalyptic vision of the zombie wasteland future society, and the action/gore sequences are original and well crafted. On the minus side I think there are maybe one or two too many story lines and thematic ideas for the film to really come together, and the ending is less than good. So, I suppose, the original sequel "Dawn of the Dead" remains my favourite of the series, but all in all, this one is very much worth a go, IMO.

Thom

There was an Irish zombie flick which we saw, "Dead Meat", which was very well done - if you get a chance to see it, it's got some great characters in it, and has a great sense of humour.

And, it bears repeating that if you haven't already seen "Shaun of the Dead", it's a great little movie with a solid gold recommendation from Mr Romero himself - he loves it!

John

advertisement

Back