advertisement

Genki whirring

CDphobe

pfm Member
Hope someone can help, I've a (lovely?!) old Genki that's been sat doing nothing for a while and I've just tried to bring it back into use. All seems fine except for a constant whirring sound whenever power is applied. There's a ~25mm white plastic toothed wheel at the back right of the transport (looking from the drawer) which is constantly running, and there seems to be a smaller drive wheel underneath it which is rubbing on an arm alongside (to the left) - if anyone knows the mech it's the only cog visible from above when the drawer is closed . As you can probably tell, I'm not massively skilled at this sort of thing - is it repairable, and if so DIY or can anyone recommend somewhere since other threads clearly demonstrate that Linn isn't the answer! Photo available by e-mail as I've no way to host and post. I'm near Manchester if there are any recommendations for a local repair man :)

My alternative is to purchase a cheap transport, so if it's going to take much of someone's time and effort its probably going to assigned to scrap.

Al

advertisement

Back