Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] GE JAN-5751 NOS

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by RogerJW, Apr 27, 2021.

1. RogerJW

RogerJW pfm Member

I have one GE JAN-5751 NOS / USA in A1 condition, very low use. Good in Crofts, etc.

£40 + delivery

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RogerJW

RogerJW pfm Member

From the Tube Store: From our review of the JAN-GE 5751 tube: "While not really a 12AX7, it shares the same pin-out arrangement and is designed for less gain in favor of lower noise and microphonics. It worked well in both test amps and can be used to advantage if your amp has too much grind. One of these should calm things down a bit. The 5751 is an affordable alternative to the 12AY7 used in original Fender tweed amps and can be subbed for a 12AT7 like a reverb driver tube. In this application, you will get good gain with a warmer sound than the 12AT7. The even balancing makes them a nice phase inverter and allows you push the front end of the amp a little harder."

3. RogerJW

RogerJW pfm Member

4. RogerJW

RogerJW pfm Member

Onwards and .....

5. RogerJW

RogerJW pfm Member

La lutte continue….