advertisement

GB News Channel

There won’t be enough room ( or cash) at GB News to take every unseated grifter from the Tory Party. They’ll have to pick up beer money from writing for The Express and The Sun or jerking on Twitter for clicks.

There won’t be enough room ( or cash) at GB News to take every unseated grifter from the Tory Party. They’ll have to pick up beer money from writing for The Express and The Sun or jerking on Twitter for clicks.

One thing that I find both interesting and telling is the extent to which the Conservative Party is comfortable with openly fake news, racism, bigotry, conspiracy theory etc and is happy to allow its high-profile serving MPs to present alongside the likes of Lawrence Fox, Dan Wooton, Neil Oliver, Calvin Robinson, Nigel Farage etc etc. This leaves zero doubt as to what the modern Conservative Party represents and how it wishes to present its policy and ideology. This is a mainstream UK political party, the current party of government, playing at a Britain First/Qanon /InfoWars intellectual level by choice, strategy and design.

One thing that I find both interesting and telling is the extent to which the Conservative Party is comfortable with openly fake news........This is a mainstream UK political party, the current party of government, playing at a Britain First/Qanon /InfoWars intellectual level by choice, strategy and design.

Have they changed or do they just not give a shit any more? It's incredible. I can't imagine any others up to and perhaps including Cameron joining in with this shite.

Have they changed or do they just not give a shit any more? It's incredible. I can't imagine any others up to and perhaps including Cameron joining in with this shite.

Johnson’s 2019 Brexit-purge was hugely significant IMO. There will be history books written on that in time. That was the point anyone with a social conscience or sense of integrity was pushed out or stood down; Heidi Allen, Sarah Woolaston, Ken Clarke, Rory Stewart etc etc etc. That is the point the Conservative Party went full-on Trump/Qanon. All that is left now are multi-millionaire public school tax-haven financial grifters like Rees Mogg, bigoted far-right thugs like Lee Anderson, and a whole bunch of careerist trough-feeders who don’t give a shit about anything beyond the ability to sell parliamentary influence for backhanders. There is nothing decent to be seen here at all.

Imagine the coach trying to get him to smile convincingly- "now Dominic up at the edges no no, no teeth!"
cc90beb59e9040caefbe45e7639b3ab6.jpg

Johnson’s 2019 Brexit-purge was hugely significant IMO. There will be history books written on that in time. That was the point anyone with a social conscience or sense of integrity was pushed out or stood down; Heidi Allen, Sarah Woolaston, Ken Clarke, Rory Stewart etc etc etc. That is the point the Conservative Party went full-on Trump/Qanon. All that is left now are multi-millionaire public school tax-haven financial grifters like Rees Mogg, bigoted far-right thugs like Lee Anderson, and a whole bunch of careerist trough-feeders who don’t give a shit about anything beyond the ability to sell parliamentary influence for backhanders. There is nothing decent to be seen here at all.
But we can vote them all out at the next election. And if we don’t, that’s democracy (c) EV, Brian, etc

Well said!

<moderating>

I’ve moved the Labour/Corbyn content over onto the Starmer thread. I want to keep this one tightly focused on the vile dark-money-funded far-right propaganda shitshow that is GB News and whatever we can do to impede it’s growth.

How about if everyone on here who thinks GB news is getting away with the unacceptable and illegal undertakes to:
Start or sign a parliamentary petition.
Write or email your MP
Write or email offcom
Write or email sunak and that guy who's leader of the opposition.
Get at least two friends to do the same. Or share the intiative on their social media.

We could post letters and their replies here.

Any interest?

How about if everyone on here who thinks GB news is getting away with the unacceptable and illegal undertakes to:
Write or email your MP
Write or email offcom
Get at least two friends to do the same. Or share the intiative on their social media.

We could post letters and their replies here.

Any interest?
I'd sign but do they ever work?

Write or email your MP
Write or email offcom

There have been several petitions, I sign any I see. Here’s one on 38 Degrees.

Labour will do nothing because Labour. If you have a Lib Dem, SNP or Green MP it might be worth a letter. Sunak will love it as it presents the Tory political narrative entirely unchallenged.

Ofcom is certainly the entity that should be dealing with this, plus I think there is an area of the ministerial code that prevents MPs from being newsreaders or presenting their own political points as journalism, if not there certainly should be. I’m hoping there is a legal angle via Good Law Project or equivalent. Sadly they have their work cut out with the criminality of this government and just can’t take every case no matter how abhorrent and corrupt.

I suspect the most useful weapon is StopFundingHate, though the problem here is GB News seems largely funded by a bottomless pit of Saudi and other dark-money. I suspect there is a money-laundering aspect here to which the Tories are fully complicit.

I don’t know really, but I certainly sign any petition I see and help fund GLP and SFH. I don’t feel I have political representation, have little time for my Labour MP, so I’ll pass on that, but a complaint to Ofcom sounds like a good idea.

I see the Tory dark-money-funded and Tory MP presented GB News’ very own transphobic fake vicar Calvin Robertson is now describing Sunak as a ‘heathen’ who shouldn’t have read a passage at yesterday’s monarchy charade (Twitter).

Tory MP presenters*, religious extremists, conspiracy theorists, fake science… GB News has it all.

Still Ofcom refuse to class this as a news channel and apply regulation. It is insane. As ever #StopFundingHate

*Rees Mogg is apparently on £802 per hour (New Statesman), Lee Anderson on £100k a year (Scotsman). There is clearly money to be made in propaganda, lies, bigotry and conspiracy theory.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it was a money laundering operation.

One thing that I find both interesting and telling is the extent to which the Conservative Party is comfortable with openly fake news, racism, bigotry, conspiracy theory etc and is happy to allow its high-profile serving MPs to present alongside the likes of Lawrence Fox, Dan Wooton, Neil Oliver, Calvin Robinson, Nigel Farage etc etc. This leaves zero doubt as to what the modern Conservative Party represents and how it wishes to present its policy and ideology. This is a mainstream UK political party, the current party of government, playing at a Britain First/Qanon /InfoWars intellectual level by choice, strategy and design.

Same as the GOP in the US. The only disincentive seems to be punishment at the polls, but when you combine gerrymandering, winner takes all polling and a constitutional advantage to one party the end result is extremism. If Labour were competitive electorally the Tories would be dragged back to the center, and in the US if the republicans didn't have a huge built in advantage in the Senate they'd be forced to be more moderate, or risk electoral wipeout.

I’ll just stick this link here and quietly step away from the thread: Twitter.

PS I have not watched it with the sound on, obviously, but it looks like a live-action Cold War Steve nightmare.

I’ll just stick this link here and quietly step away from the thread: Twitter.

PS I have not watched it with the sound on, obviously, but it looks like a live-action Cold War Steve nightmare.
That'smy extended Right Said Fred record collection going in the bin then.

Last edited:

An interesting YouTube take. I don’t know anything about this channel, but many of the right questions are asked IMO. The longer the clip the worse it looks. Rees Mogg really is absolutely at home on a channel with the likes of Farage, Calvin Robinson, Neil Oliver etc. Beneath the puffed-up English elite public school affectation he’s just another Alex Jones/Matt Walsh etc.

More about the Green Party challenge on London Economic including a link to their complaint to Ofcom.

advertisement

Back