advertisement

GB News Channel

My only exposure was a YouTube clip of David Starkey and Nigel Farage exchanging deep bile on the Royals gone Rogue. It was worse than the league of gentlemen!

I do envy him getting into bed night after night with Connie Booth; but otherwise he should have stuck to being a comic. A most unpleasant man despite years of psychotherapy.

There's a lot of money in spreading lies. Both the doing and the results. The neanderthals (with apols to the real ones) who reinforce their festering mindset with GB News etc won't read the correction or be remotely interested. Any fine is just part of the investment in fascism.

It’s top hole. It’s got Rees Mogg and Nadine Dorries on it and surely Matt Hancock will be joining soon enough and it sez what we’re all thinking ( at least the decent ones ).

I bet Lee Anderson will join as well, when he gets thrown off the gravy train at the next election.

I bet Lee Anderson will join as well, when he gets thrown off the gravy train at the next election.
He’s a cert’. You can imagine the people tuning in saying “he talks my language, no Woker is going to unplatform me!”

Some excellent news,

Losses deepen at GB News as network moves to fend off rival TalkTV
Hiring costs for presenters such as Nigel Farage and Jacob Rees-Mogg balloon while advertisers stay wary of right-leaning channel

Mark SweneyThu 9 Mar 2023 08.59 GMT
Financial losses at GB News grew substantially last year to more than £30m, as the right-leaning news channel invested in hiring presenters to combat the launch of rival TalkTV.

Yet more Tory money being shovelled into GB News (Byline Times).

A “news” channel funded by Tory donors, presented by Tory MPs, and overlooked entirely by Ofcom…

A positive update from StopFundingHate:

After GB News was trailed as a “British Fox News”, thousands of #StopFundingHate supporters took action to encourage advertisers to steer clear of the "anti-woke" TV channel.

Now the controversial media outlet has revealed a staggering £30 million loss – while the CEO has repeatedly complained about the impact of #StopFundingHate on the channel’s business model.

From an early stage, there were clear and obvious warning signs about the likely direction of GB News – and sadly these initial concerns have been amply borne out.

Soon after the channel launched, one of its own contributors quit and accused GB News of “demonising trans people at every opportunity”. Just last month, the Board of Deputies of British Jews called them out for platforming “organisations that promote antisemitic conspiracy theories”. Earlier this month the broadcasting regulator Ofcom pulled them up for airing “materially misleading” statements about COVID vaccines.

So it’s no surprise that so many major advertisers have been avoiding GB News – but there are still some outliers, including Jet 2 Holidays, Virgin Media and Sky.

If you’re a customer of any of these companies, you can help by emailing or tweeting to encourage them to rethink their support for GB News.

Together we’re making toxic media unprofitable. Thankyou for supporting Stop Funding Hate,

Richard Wilson
Director
Stop Funding Hate

PS – if you’d like to help keep up the pressure, you can donate to our work here.

There’s a really corrupt money-laundering smell to the whole thing. Exceptionally wealthy right-wing Tory donors set up fake-news propaganda channel and pay Tory MPs and the dregs of UKIP vast salaries to front said propaganda despite the whole thing being a massive loss-maker. It is all so obviously in breach of Ofcom rules too (MPs should not present news, and I assume that covers fake news). I’ve no idea why it is still here.

Anyone else looking forward to this?

https://pressgazette.co.uk/what-is-gb-news-everything-you-need-to-know/

I for one can't wait to hear refreshing new perspectives from voices that have been silenced in the mainstream media such as:

Andrew Neil, previously host of the BBC's flagship political programmes.
Dan Wootton, executive editor of The Sun, and TalkRadio host.
Nick Ferrari, LBC Radio host.
Julia Hartley Brewer, another TalkRadio host.

Their voices have been missing from the mainstream for too long.

And the UK's media landscape will become even more diverse when Rupert Murdoch launches his own TV channel later in the year.
Great station the voice for the silenced majority

advertisement

Back