advertisement

GB News Channel

That figures:
R.c6fb23d5d19fc147f64e92438078809a

Well. I do hope he is let loose and allowed to rant like Basil Faulty at some despicable righty R Souls.

Cleese has been moving increasingly to the right for decades. Scratch the skin of an English public school educated Cambridge Footlights alumnus, and you will frequently find a reactionary old fart.

Cleese has been a stale old gammon for a long time now. Remarkably non-self-aware and in total denial as to his privilege. He was apparently ranting on BBC 4 earlier about how he’d never get a platform on the BBC. A dull old man ranting against the BBC from a high-profile platform on the BBC. The very same BBC that gave him any status and success he has enjoyed in life. A total bell-end.

Cleese has been a stale old gammon for a long time now. Remarkably non-self-aware and in total denial as to his privilege. He was apparently ranting on BBC 4 earlier about how he’d never get a platform on the BBC. A dull old man ranting against the BBC from a high-profile platform on the BBC. The very same BBC that gave him any status and success he has enjoyed in life. A total bell-end.

He is basically Basil Fawlty in real life these days isn't he?

Let’s see what Cleese has to say when he starts on GB. I’ve left twitter so don’t know what he says these days on there.

Is Fox still owned by the dirty digger? In the UK he is, in large part, responsible for the mess we're in. Changing the Daily Herald to become the Sun he bought Mail Gammon votes by tits on page 3. I suppose one randy old multi married (and expensively divorced) goat working for another wouldn't be surprising.

He is basically Basil Fawlty in real life these days isn't he?
From reading Michael Palin's diaries, I got the impression that he was always like that. Mr Palin of course is far too nice to come out and say it (or at least, far too nice to publish the bits of his diaries where he did), but he doesn't have to: the accounts of the various dealings with the Pythons makes it clear that Cleese was always the contrary one, never satisfied with the considerable amount that he had already got.

I wouldn't call him particularly right wing, as that implies a kind of social conservatism too: Libertarian would be a better label.

Cleese has been moving increasingly to the right for decades. Scratch the skin of an English public school educated Cambridge Footlights alumnus, and you will frequently find a reactionary old fart.

Didn't he co-write a child-psychology book, with a media-psychiatrist type, which claimed that boys became gay because their fathers had not demonstrated a happy enough model of what a "being a man" is? And I seem to remember a derogatory comment about "Half-educated tenement Scots" running the English press.

Didn't he co-write a child-psychology book, with a media-psychiatrist type, which claimed that boys became gay because their fathers had not demonstrated a happy enough model of what a "being a man" is? And I seem to remember a derogatory comment about "Half-educated tenement Scots" running the English press.
Yes I do vaguely recall something like that. The fact is however, Cleese’s opinion on anything could not be less relevant to the modern world.

I’ve never watched the channel, nor will I but Twitter is polluted with GBNews and it’s the lowest form of sh1t. I’m serious when I suggest one day they will have Tommy Robinson on it.

advertisement

Back