advertisement

GB for drivers for Ergo IX

I might get a nice Veritas scraper plane when I am next in the US, def the next want to have.

My friend in Kent is always finding planes and scrapers at weekend boot sales. They're usually in need of restoration, but with a little sweat he has amassed a collection worth thousands, for next to nothing.

I don't recall if he's a Man of Kent or a Kentish Man, if you needed that clue to help find the boot sales...

Uzinusa,
I am interested in joining the group-buy for drivers and xo components as I have hankered after building a set for about 2 yrs now. I have spoken to my accountant (wife) about releasing the funds, so I'll keep my eyes on the thread. :D
Thanks AP
PS I'm based in Notts (Giltbrook, just up from Ikea) so might be useful to get together at some stage. Currently working on the house after a recent move so a bit tied up but would be useful to get the important bits ordered esp as there is some discount for quantity. :)

looking good chaps, the more the merrier and yes to everything. Now if you'll excuse me, I've finished my morning session and I'm off for a few hourse of snowboarding in the CO mountains in georgeous weather :)
Andy

James,

Forgive me interupting this thread, I think you have a NAIt. Have you driven these with the NAIT?

Cheers

Graham

Yes, the E-IX sounds wonderful within the power limits of a NAIT2.

I'm tempted to try my IXs with my recently acquired Nait 2 - it's such a brilliant little amp. Watching this thread has me thinking of building a second pair for my other system, it's either that or get going on the Ergo IIIRs....

Probably obvious but if this GB goes ahead then we are dealing with a relative small number of high value bundles. Would it best if we (PFM) could negotiate a discounted bundle price so that individuals could then order, pay for and receive their own bits? As Sam pointed before if all the GB items arrive at one place the onward shipping costs (with insurance) will kill the GB saving. Sorry if I am stating the b******g obvious but what do people think?

Almost 3 years on and the Ergo's continue to amaze me. I've just changedy cartridge to a Dynavector DV-20x and the Ergo's are lapping up the extra bass it's kicking out, truly chest thumping.

Paulski, I ran the Ergo's with an Onix OA21 for a couple of years and enjoyed the combo, they work well with modestly powered amps. However, IMO you'll only be getting 80% ish of what the Ergo's are capable of.

983a234d.jpg

Nice setup there Jag!

Andy, I may also be interested in the GB if all works out ok re final price and delivery charges etc...

Hi guys. I'm at a conference in colorado at the mo and will get onto this Nxt wk.
Best
Andy

Hi Andy,
I hope you got home safe!
Any new info about the GroupBuy, please?
I found a local CNC router master for the baffles but he prefers to have the speaker drivers at hand and won't start to work before then.
Since Audio-components offer international shipping I also support Sam's and Phil's idea about the individual shipping and discounted payment, if possible.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers,
Ivo

Hi All,

First, I would like to apology for the individual actions I made and hope you will understand.
As I mentioned earlier I found two local persons ready to help and make for me the speaker’s cabinets and front baffles but they want to have at hand all the necessary parts including binding posts prior starting to work.
Since Andy is still may be out of the country, the Group Buy is in a kind of frozen stage and I am afraid I cannot keep the two men waiting too much longer for me I decided to contact directly Audio-Components.
John there seems to be a quite busy but nice person. It took two e-mails, two days and a phone call before he replied but everything went smooth and fast after that.
I explained him the situation and he agreed that I can make an individual order of the parts, paying the regular prices and if and when the GB starts they will refund me the agreed group discount.
So, I placed the order – it’s £479.62 for the parts plus £40.00 shipping to Bulgaria.
Please, note there is no single 7.5 Ohm resistor but two 15 Ohms connected in parallel instead.

Once again, I am sorry for going against the group buy rules and acting alone but hope you won’t judge me too strictly, please!

Cheers,
Ivo

Please, note there is no single 7.5 Ohm resistor but two 15 Ohms connected in parallel instead.
Jantzen makes a 7R5 resistor. But two 15R in parallel will be just fine. MOX resistors won't break the bank.

James

I will be ordering all my parts come payday, as this GB does seem to have died.

Hopefully have something interesting to share this weekend....

Sam

I am really surprised this GB went in to a dead end since there were more than 10 people willing to participate in it. I still think Andy will activate it sooner or later.
10% discount is £48 or even more if there are more people and one can buy some good parts for the next diy project with it.

Sam, good luck and please show us your progress.
Cheers,
Ivo

advertisement

Back