advertisement

Gas BBQ...

love my Q2200, I honestly don’t bother with the charcoal bbq anymore.. cook
With the lid shut and it bbq cooks brilliantly.

mine has the solid cast grill (it’s a few years old now) the new ones have lighter pressed grills I believe - don’t know if this will make a change to the experience, but as I say, I solely use this now.. in fact I love the Q series so much I’m very tempted by the bigger 3200 now.
I have the 2200 too, bought about half price when the snow was on the ground last year. Mine has the heave cast grill also, it's bloody heavy but gives an even spread of heat.
I'm really happy with it and wouldn't even contemplate the monumental faff of charcoal.

Helped clear out a friend's house last weekend and found a full 15 kg bottle with BBQ. Sold it almost immediately and buyer said he had tried everywhere to get a bottle.
The issue I found was if you took a bottle to the gas man, he'd replace it with a full bottle - no questions asked. However, going to get a bottle initially was a massive pain because Calor were holding back bottles to ensure there weren't as many in circulation to have to fill again. Unsurprisingly the gas prices went up recently

I managed to cadge an empty 15L bottle from a friend so I jumped on the merry go round with no ticket!

The whole point of a barbecue is the 2 hour struggle to light the slightly damp charcoal only to find it burns so hot as to burn the outside of the food while the in side remains cold.

It’s not something you do for fun!

Pete

advertisement

Back