advertisement

Gas and Electricity Prices

So when they start disconnecting people all over the country do you think that once it begins people will just lay down & take all this bull. I guarantee that when this comes, and no doubt it will, we will find that us soft UK'ers will suddenly find we have some French blood in us all.
Not sure what French stuff you think we will do? Refuse to pay for a utility that has already been withdrawn?

All depends. If you have full weather compensation controls that’s 100% wrong. A heating system running on an old room stat cycling on and off every hour might be a different story depending on the property.
Is the latter what most people have?

Not sure what French stuff you think we will do? Refuse to pay for a utility that has already been withdrawn?
The bit of French that l refer to is their way of recognising they are being screwed over & do something about it, something we need to have the balls to do instead of rolling over & being crapped on, or is that the British way of being ruled, accept what we are told.

The bit of French that l refer to is their way of recognising they are being screwed over & do something about it, something we need to have the balls to do instead of rolling over & being crapped on, or is that the British way of being ruled, accept what we are told.
So what would you expect the great British public to do?

So what would you expect the great British public to do?

Protest the way they protested over the poll tax years ago. Don't tell me that won't happen, it happened years ago & it needs to happen again.

If you want to be defeatest about it then crawl away & take it on the chin without moaning about anything because you ain't entitled to moan about anything if you do not get involved.

Protest the way they protested over the poll tax years ago. Don't tell me that won't happen, it happened years ago & it needs to happen again.
Not paying the poll tax did not result in loss of services. Not paying a utility bill results in loss of power. They are nothing alike.

Not paying the poll tax did not result in loss of services. Not paying a utility bill results in loss of power. They are nothing alike.

People protested about the poll tax in order to have it changed, it was changed. If you don't protest about something you believe in you deserve all you get.

Sit back & tell yourself nothing can be changed, you may believe that, many don't.

I m a Frugal type of person.. Tight ( remember Rigsby ? ) I go out but don't spend money I was born for these times ! If everybody was like me the economy would collapse though ha

People protested about the poll tax in order to have it changed, it was changed. If you don't protest about something you believe in you deserve all you get.

Sit back & tell yourself nothing can be changed, you may believe that, many don't.

Don’t be so naive.
The poll tax was changed when the Tories realised it would cost them an election.

Let us see, for all your talk here you would lie down & freeze to death more than likely, you just do not understand what desperate people are capable of do you.
Yes I do.
But they’ll be even more desperate as they freeze with no heating.

Yes I do.
But they’ll be even more desperate as they freeze with no heating.

Don't be so naive, one way or another it won't be allowed to happen. The first death that can be attributed to lack of fuel during this crisis will bring trouble to this government.

Ok big man tell us what you think a successful protest would result in.

You have your opinions, I am not going to get into an argument with you here as it will be pointless.

Don't call me big man either, have some manners or are you just confrontational ?

You are the big man advocating civil disobedience.
I do not respect that view at all.
You advocate action, yet you now back away from telling us what you hope your action will result in.
Just unthought out hot air as far as I’m concerned.

You are the big man advocating civil disobedience.
I do not respect that view at all.
You advocate action, yet you now back away from telling us what you hope your action will result in.
Just unthought out hot air as far as I’m concerned.

I am not advocating civil disobedience at all, protest is a right to anyone. You quote things as you see them in responses & then try to tell us there are no alternatives, there is always alternatives. Any actions I might take will be for change, the same as it always has been for me, at the moment options are out there yet they need to be considered further.

This is my last thought on matters, do as you see fit, I will do the same.

People protested about the poll tax in order to have it changed, it was changed.
Taxes are something the government controls completely, though. Energy prices are not, short of instituting subsidies (which they are, if only £400).

advertisement

Back