Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Gas and Electricity Prices

Discussion in 'off topic' started by gordonscobie, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Cav

Cav pfm Member

Not sure what French stuff you think we will do? Refuse to pay for a utility that has already been withdrawn?

2. Cav

Cav pfm Member

Is the latter what most people have?

3. Olaup

Olaup pfm Member

It had nothing to do with a civil war.

4. Olaup

Olaup pfm Member

The bit of French that l refer to is their way of recognising they are being screwed over & do something about it, something we need to have the balls to do instead of rolling over & being crapped on, or is that the British way of being ruled, accept what we are told.

blossomchris likes this.
  5. Ellenor

Ellenor pfm Member

Yes

6. Cav

Cav pfm Member

So what would you expect the great British public to do?

7. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Feelin' nearly faded as my jeans

Tut loudly.

8. Olaup

Olaup pfm Member

Protest the way they protested over the poll tax years ago. Don't tell me that won't happen, it happened years ago & it needs to happen again.

If you want to be defeatest about it then crawl away & take it on the chin without moaning about anything because you ain't entitled to moan about anything if you do not get involved.

blossomchris likes this.
  9. Cav

Cav pfm Member

Not paying the poll tax did not result in loss of services. Not paying a utility bill results in loss of power. They are nothing alike.

10. Olaup

Olaup pfm Member

People protested about the poll tax in order to have it changed, it was changed. If you don't protest about something you believe in you deserve all you get.

Sit back & tell yourself nothing can be changed, you may believe that, many don't.

11. zeon

zeon pfm Member

I m a Frugal type of person.. Tight ( remember Rigsby ? ) I go out but don't spend money I was born for these times ! If everybody was like me the economy would collapse though ha

12. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Don’t be so naive.
    The poll tax was changed when the Tories realised it would cost them an election.

13. Olaup

Olaup pfm Member

Carry on thinking that then.

blossomchris likes this.
  14. Bob McC

Yes I do.
    But they’ll be even more desperate as they freeze with no heating.

15. Olaup

Olaup pfm Member

Don't be so naive, one way or another it won't be allowed to happen. The first death that can be attributed to lack of fuel during this crisis will bring trouble to this government.

16. Bob McC

Ok big man tell us what you think a successful protest would result in.

17. Olaup

Olaup pfm Member

You have your opinions, I am not going to get into an argument with you here as it will be pointless.

Don't call me big man either, have some manners or are you just confrontational ?

18. Bob McC

You are the big man advocating civil disobedience.
    I do not respect that view at all.
    You advocate action, yet you now back away from telling us what you hope your action will result in.
    Just unthought out hot air as far as I’m concerned.

19. Olaup

Olaup pfm Member

I am not advocating civil disobedience at all, protest is a right to anyone. You quote things as you see them in responses & then try to tell us there are no alternatives, there is always alternatives. Any actions I might take will be for change, the same as it always has been for me, at the moment options are out there yet they need to be considered further.

This is my last thought on matters, do as you see fit, I will do the same.

twotone and blossomchris like this.
  20. mansr

mansr Objectionist

Taxes are something the government controls completely, though. Energy prices are not, short of instituting subsidies (which they are, if only £400).