advertisement

Gas and Electricity Prices

First bill has arrived since coming off a fixed deal with Octopus.
Gone on to SVR.
My monthly direct debit has increased by 81 pence.

Yeah, but I didn’t fix.
My fix ended and I went on to SVR
If I had fixed my DD was going to go to over £250 a month.
As it is it is £99.81

Aggregated projected use for the year on my last two years with them.
So should be ok until the next increase in the SVR in October.

Yes just renewed a mortgage for 5 years at slightly increased rate but just that certainty that payments are fixed is very helpful. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose

Martin Lewis saying that October’s price cap increase is looking like 32%, rather than 42% (I think that was the figure previously tipped to be the amount it’s going up).

Obviously this is part of the conundrum of whether to fix or not.

Martin Lewis saying that October’s price cap increase is looking like 32%, rather than 42% (I think that was the figure previously tipped to be the amount it’s going up).

Obviously this is part of the conundrum of whether to fix or not.

Crikey. That’s a 32% increase on a figure which has just gone up 54%, making it a cumulative 103% increase within a 6 month period!

Its been on the cards for several years that energy has been too cheap and that the price will go up. That goes for a lot of things cheap throw-away clothes, cheap, nasty (and over-priced) crap supermarket food etc. So peeps instead wasted their money on expensive throw away tat such as iPhones etc rather than save for a rainy day. How much does this shit cost and how long do peeps use them before buying the next new model?

I'm on a fixed dual tariff until end of July where I calculate that my annual dual fuel bill will double. But thats been on the cards for years so I have built in the necessary protection rather than buying the latest must have toy.

Putin is the real danger. If what Russia says is true then just one of their multi-head nuke hyper-speed (Lucifer) missiles is able to take out the whole of the UK - England, Scotland, Wales and all of Ireland and if they wish the surrounding islands as well. Just one pre-emptive strike and we are all toast. If they are not bragging/bluffing.

DV

DV that's been true of MREV nuke missiles, ours and theirs, for decades.

Russia touting a 'new' model to rattle sabres really, really, really hasn't changed .. the scope of such threat. At all. Either way. See recent comment here from a pfm missile designer ... (yes, Dimitry really is/has been)

Its been on the cards for several years that energy has been too cheap and that the price will go up. That goes for a lot of things cheap throw-away clothes, cheap, nasty (and over-priced) crap supermarket food etc. So peeps instead wasted their money on expensive throw away tat such as iPhones etc rather than save for a rainy day. How much does this shit cost and how long do peeps use them before buying the next new model?

I'm on a fixed dual tariff until end of July where I calculate that my annual dual fuel bill will double. But thats been on the cards for years so I have built in the necessary protection rather than buying the latest must have toy.

Putin is the real danger. If what Russia says is true then just one of their multi-head nuke hyper-speed (Lucifer) missiles is able to take out the whole of the UK - England, Scotland, Wales and all of Ireland and if they wish the surrounding islands as well. Just one pre-emptive strike and we are all toast. If they are not bragging/bluffing.

DV

I’ve felt many things have been far too cheap for a long time. Food being the big one. Many people buy (cheap) clothes to wear literally once and throw away. New car every 3 years on the never never. I went to the tip recently and there was a huge container full of large flat screen TV’s which couldn’t have been more than a few years old. Incredible levels of over consumption and waste of global resources which needs to change.

Some of the people forced to use food banks are in "proper jobs" like nursing. That shows how fooked our system is.

I experienced this when I worked at a community centre that had a Trussel Trust foodbank, people in paying jobs that struggled, this was before the energy crisis as well.

Some of the people forced to use food banks are in "proper jobs" like nursing. That shows how fooked our system is.

Yes it is fooked. Food is still cheap though. When I go into Aldi and buy a bag of carrots for 29p, a bag of spuds for 59p, 4 pints of milk for just over a quid etc etc, what price should these items be? How much less should the producers of these goods be paid?

advertisement

Back