Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Gas and Electricity Prices

Discussion in 'off topic' started by gordonscobie, Sep 14, 2021.

1. dweezil

dweezil pfm Member

Even that wouldn't isolate us from this chaos but might help continuity.

Just bought a load of fertiliser, mostly made from gas, £515 last week, £220 last year and it went up again yesterday.

Inflation won't stop anytime soon.

2. LostAtSea

LostAtSea "33 222 1 222"

We've just moved to Octopus from Avro and it has all gone swimmingly; plane sailing in fact.

Covkxw and PhilofCas like this.
  3. PhilofCas

PhilofCas pfm Member

Ours finally did too the other day, and yes, all good, did a meter reading and instantly got a balance/bill update, which would have taken much longer with Avro (would have been a number of days).

Obviously a lot of us are in for a bit of pain regarding costs going forward, latest BBC info here https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59483411.

4. unclefz

unclefz pfm Member

My switch from Avro to Octopus also completed yesterday. I read my meters and entered the readings and received my bill - apart from the cost rise from my original Avro fixed deal all went well.

PhilofCas likes this.
  5. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

Got my meter reading reminder this morning. Submitted late morning. Full energy use costs and credit balance this afternoon. Even faster than previous months when the statement would arrive next day !!!!!! Beyond any comparison with previous suppliers, Octopus is just SO efficient and easy to follow. Have only won once in 14 months on their spinning roulette though and that was £1; shows it works, I s'pose.;)

With energy costing so many squid nowadays, I'm happy to feed the Octopus

6. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Unfortunately Octopus will no longer accept customers from any future failed companies along with Eon and others.

7. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

As an existing Octopus customer I’d say ‘fortunately’! I suspect everyone they were forced to accept on a non-economically viable basis will impact the price for the rest of us.

8. s1h1

s1h1 performing within expectations

My move from Neon Reef to BG goes through tomorrow. This has resulted in my electric bill increasing by 24%

9. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Pending

So, not feeling suckered into it, then?

Darren likes this.
  10. Bob McC

Estimated to cost existing customers £120 next year on top of any other rises.

11. Guinnless

Guinnless pfm Member

Same here. Will be finding something better ASAP.

12. mansr

mansr Objectionist

Aren't they all the same price now?

13. Guinnless

Guinnless pfm Member

Maybe, I'll certainly try.

14. Guinnless

Guinnless pfm Member

Just watching Martin Lewis now...hmm I may be stuck with BG

15. garyi

garyi leave blank

Yup anyone that thinks otherwise is not seeing the very obvious and basic picture here lol.

Bob McC and clivem2 like this.
  16. Guinnless

Guinnless pfm Member

EDF's cheapest quote is 6p dearer than the BG tariff that I've been placed on.

17. clivem2

clivem2 pfm Member

Is that a quote for a fix or the standard variable which is capped? Surely the latter is the only viable option.

18. Guinnless

Guinnless pfm Member

Yeah, it's a fixed option - so that will be a "no" then

Time to get a Diesel generator running on red!

19. Bob McC

Many companies are only offering fixed deals and refusing to offer the SVR to new customers even though they are required to by the regulator.

20. Space is the Place

Space is the Place pfm Member

I was paying £47 a month via Octopus, my fixed tariff ends in a week.

My duel fuel options from Octopus are...

1. 12 month Fixed Tariff £116
    2. Variable Tariff £64
    3. 12 month fixed Octopus Loyal customer £81.00

So... if i go to the variable will it stay around £64 because of the price cap? Or is that due to be lifted and should i go with the £81 option?