advertisement

Gas and Electricity Prices

every year i find a cheaper deal with u switch , this year i couldnt . prices have really gone up . Octopus are excellent i agree

I am exactly 1/2 way through a 2 year fix. It will be interesting to see if they can maintain it!. Ovo Energy here - service and bill handling has been excellent for the past 2-3 years.
So expecting a big jump next September now!...

I've just done the comparisons on the Cheap Energy Club and for me, Octopus is about 20% more expensive than the cheapest deals (E.On Next) for a 24 month fixed dual fuel deal with no early exit fee.

Can get it slightly cheaper still, but only with companies I've never heard of and I've got bitten before when my supplier whent bust early into my deal and I was automatically switched back to my previous supplier.

Buy a big class A integrated and an EV and have two teenage sons who require a large TV each of an evening. Then compound it all by living in a Victorian house with high ceilings. Financial ruin awaits :/

You pay your money, take your choice! Out of interest, I just got a quote from them, holy smoke!
For what we consume, the difference between Ecotricity and A.N.Other provider is perhaps a few pounds a week, maybe a bottle of wine or a couple of pints. I’d rather know I’m doing my bit to stimulate the demand for renewables (and my hifi is low carbon), than have that bit of extra cash to piss up the wall.

For what we consume, the difference between Ecotricity and A.N.Other provider is perhaps a few pounds a week, maybe a bottle of wine or a couple of pints. I’d rather know I’m doing my bit to stimulate the demand for renewables (and my hifi is low carbon), than have that bit of extra cash to piss up the wall.

Your money, your choice. You are at the Fortnum and Mason end of electricity providers. I’m more, well, Sainsbury’s. I’d buy it from Aldi if I could. The best thing people can do for the planet is consume less of pretty much everything. Surprised there isn’t a thread on how Hifi sounds ‘cleaner’ from more expensive electricity providers!

I prefer to think of it as the local organic collective shop end of the market, if you don’t mind ;). And the fact that our consumption is pretty modest already is why the difference is below the level of being worth worrying about. I realise I’m fortunate in that, and ‘twas not always thus, so I’m happy with my choices.

Elec up 10% and Gas 20%!!!!

Is that all?

I am exactly 1/2 way through a 2 year fix.

That's an excellent position to be in. Who cares about NEXT September, as we'll be saving energy with blackouts by then :)

Octopus is about 20% more expensive than the cheapest deals (E.On Next)

As I feared, having just sorted it for October. Unusual for them to be uncompetitive, but maybe they're just on the ball and hedging to save increases later.

We are with octopus they answer the phone which is nice but have been easily the most expensive we have used and it’s getting worse. I think we were are to 279 a month before they announced the cap lift.

I found Octopus to be quite a bit more expensive though keep reading the folk have good deals, I'm certainly not finding them cheap.

Just signed up with EON for the next two years, they're pretty much offering me what I'm paying my current supplier (though that deal is about to finish and will be shooting up).

I'm quite relieved!

Blimey, just looked at my account with Scottish Power. I’m fixed until Feb 2023, and were I to swap now my direct debit would go up from £222 to £273. Don’t think I’ll be switching for a while!

I found Octopus to be quite a bit more expensive though keep reading the folk have good deals, I'm certainly not finding them cheap.

Just signed up with EON for the next two years, they're pretty much offering me what I'm paying my current supplier (though that deal is about to finish and will be shooting up).

I'm quite relieved!

Good move IMHO. It’s the same as the Sainsbury’s badged tariff I’ve just done. Reckon it will get pulled pretty soon. I feel it’s worth being with a supplier who is hopefully unlikely to go bust!

advertisement

Back