advertisement

Gas and Electricity Prices

Trying to figure out energy use in our cottage is proving somewhat challenging. It has got a smart meter for electricity but looks like it's not communicating with SSE (even though the lights on it say it should be) and hasn't for sometime (certainly since we moved in in May anyway) so SSE are going to attend to fix that. Based in the readings I took when we moved in and the ones I've just taken then it looks like we've averaged £1.12 per day so far, although based on the figures for the last couple of days it's been £2.46 per day. Based on the direct debit value they recommended then SSE seem to think we'll use £780 per year and I suspect that won't be all that far out.

Heating is more difficult as we have oil fired central heating and have pretty much no idea how much oil we'll use. I topped off the tank a couple of weeks back so there is now about 1200-1300 litres in it, but not a clue how long that'll last.

Overall I suspect it'll be a hell of a lot less than it costs to run our Edinburgh place though!

Igloo officially going.
just had an email from them to confirm :-(

Me too. I've tried to logon to do my latest meter reading but I'm getting a user/password error

I really feel sorry for these small companies. They're clearly not happy with OFGEN. Maybe there should be an OFGOV....???

I don't feel sorry for the small companies at all. The whole construct of Gas and Electricity supply is made up to follow political dogma. If it were not we would all have a choice of cabling and pipework to our homes so we could genuinely choose our supplier and they would control where what they were selling came from.
I am/was an Igloo customer who received the email today so we shall have to see where this leads.
While I'm having a little rant I really don't like having to have UK stuck on my car because we are not United. Nothing has been done to reconcile the 52/48 split over Brexit. The only answer this shower in government has is to stand in front of the flag and hope that this will fix the situation whilst they spend their time lining their friends pockets.
Aaaand breath .....
Time for a little glass of wine.

Me too. I've tried to logon to do my latest meter reading but I'm getting a user/password error

I really feel sorry for these small companies. They're clearly not happy with OFGEN. Maybe there should be an OFGOV....???
Genuine question.
Why?

The ones going under were incompetent, badly run and underfunded.
For heavens sake the industry was so unregulated an ex classmate of one of my sons set one up from home!

It will be 2008 over again, what’s the bet the tax payer will end up underwriting failed business?

PS We are already underwriting the Tories failed Brexit project!

advertisement

Back