Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Gas and Electricity Prices

Discussion in 'off topic' started by gordonscobie, Sep 14, 2021.

1. vince rocker

vince rocker pfm Member

Dave Decadent and Le Baron like this.
  2. Le Baron

Le Baron Well-Known Member

What an excellent song! I'll be passing that on, thanks.

vince rocker likes this.
  3. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Cold War Steve on point as ever (Twitter).

flapland likes this.
  4. Graham B

Graham B pfm Member

Attila has been doing excellent work for a long time (I went to his 40th birthday bash!), and always includes an on-point rant or two. Check out the Renaissance-core sound of 'The Siege of Shoreham' too. It's years old but still relevant, sadly.

vince rocker likes this.
  5. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

6. Caledon1297

Caledon1297 pfm Member

7. Kirk

Kirk pfm Member

Rumours of Octopus taking over Bulb.

8. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

Just checked the Octopus website for a quote. Coming out at £198/m (variable) against Avro where I was paying £144/m (fixed to March 2022).
    £198 is about the going rate according to comparison on the Cheap Energy Club (Martin Lewis) site. Fixes are £224+.
    My plan is probably to stick with it until spring, when hopefully gas wholesale prices are down and fixes make more sense.

Rana likes this.
  9. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Spring won't help. The next price cap rise in April will be based on current wholesale prices. Any reductions will be summer at the earliest.

10. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

Surely the cap is a cap, so if wholesale prices drop, then (some) of the market may follow?

11. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

12. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

No, the October cap increase is predicated on wholesale prices paid months ago. April’s cap review (and inevitable rise) will be based on current wholesale prices. Any reduction in the near future will not affect the market until the next post April 22 cap review according to Martin Lewis.

13. Rana

Rana pfm Member

Got an email from Octopus and tried to enter my details on the website as per their recommendation. However the website is under as heavy load as petrol stations that still have fuel, so couldn't do that. Blimey - what a state we have got into.

14. mikeyb

mikeyb pfm Member

Winter 1978 all over again :oops:

15. garyi

garyi leave blank

Well on the basis octupus just like doubled in size their one saving grace of good customer support will no doubt go belly up.

Great stuff.

Snufkin likes this.
  16. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

I got the email too. Main site told me to check back in 15 minutes, but managed to log in and enter readings via:

https://assets.avroenergy.co.uk/

Not sure if this will work correctly, so I will check back tomorrow on the main site.

17. Rana

Rana pfm Member

Thanks - this worked for me!

18. wow&flutter

wow&flutter pfm Member

Looks like I am now an Octopus customer thanks to Ofgem. Let’s see how their numbers look which will determine how long I’m an Octopus customer:D!

19. wow&flutter

wow&flutter pfm Member

Managed to log in and get a screen shot. Looks like I have an Avro credit balance of £75.00. Let’s see how quickly that gets transferred over to Octopus!

20. hc25036

hc25036 pfm Member

For what it’s worth, Octopus is the only company I’ve stayed with for more than 2 years in the past 10 years or so, all down to their customer service (in that there is some compared to the other companies I have used). They’ll be overwhelmed, but give them a bit of time.