advertisement

Garrard 401

Hi Rene,

I see you found the way to PFM. I'm sure you'll get what you searching for.

Mmhh... seems it was a good place for stuff like that. Sorry Rene to recommend this Forum.

I guess they replies are lacking because the experience is! If you've not already tried it you could post a question on the Vinyl Engine site. A PM to Mick Parry might also get you some info, he's the resident Garrard expert on PFM.

This area was bigger some time ago and I remember there have been some postings about the Garrard 401.

But anyway thanks for the link I 'll pass it to Rene.

This area was bigger some time ago and I remember there have been some postings about the Garrard 401.

But anyway thanks for the link I 'll pass it to Rene.

René

I have just recently gone through this. Fortunately, I bought a good 401 which was in it's original box with one very careful owner. I got a plinth from Lorricraft and had them service the unit. They confirmed it was in very good condition.

Lorricraft now do two plinths, a skeletal (slightly cheaper) and their normal one which I purchased. Terry or Nigel are the main contacts. Alternatives are Bastin etc, but I'm not sure on availability or timescales for delivery. If you have reasonable woodwork skills, you could even make a plinth up yourself and get Lorricraft to service the unit.

Hope this helps, if you want any further info then drop me private message.

Stuart

Lorricraft are at www.garrard501.com

Hermann

there's a 'view' button at the bottom part of the page - view posts from XX days - just select the largest, and you'll be fine. We're not culling posts from the Vintage room, it just lacks the high turnover of the other boards.

We really would like to see the vintage section grow.

Rico

Chaps

I have spoken to Terry Sullivan and explained the negatives of being uncontactable.

As from today, his mobile will be on all day.

He is also looking into a mobex system.

Regards

Mick

Rene
I recently made a plinth for my 401 (the one in a previous link in this section) and at the same time took apart,cleaned and rebuilt the 401 itself. Its not a hard job as the deck is built lke a brick outhouse. Everything seems to be twice the size it needs to be and even the linkages are connected by a brass nut and spring washer. The only problem is getting it back together in the right order but if you have a camera and take snaps you should be ok.. I didnt do the motor as it had just been done by the previous owner. p.s the motor looks like its from a lawnmower not a deck. but that looks as everything unbolts as well. If you do have a go, have fun its very rewarding when its done and when it sounds as good as mine did you will not regret it Clive Smith

advertisement

Back