advertisement

Gardening

I am using the black plastic oblong boxes with a hole each end and a key lock to open the top, A stainless rod with the bait slid onto the rod, The one trap that was used was in the run where I noticed them coming from, I will have another look tomorrow , Looks like it's working " So far "
Good that it seems to be working.
Just adding a few more general tips
Cheers
Mick

Just checked the rat box , The one I placed yesterday with 8 blocks now only has 2 left the rest eaten
Swapped that for box 3 with 8 untouched blocks , See what happens tomorrow

Maybe a new career beckons as pied piper of wherever you are, Al. See no reason that 'flute' cannot be substituted by 'stereo system' Frank Zappa's 'Hot Rats' may be appropriate.

Just checked the rat box , The one I placed yesterday with 8 blocks now only has 2 left the rest eaten
Swapped that for box 3 with 8 untouched blocks , See what happens tomorrow

Rats are prettty immune to some poisons. Keep them topped up until the feeding stops it's very important. If it doesn't stop in a week or so try a chemically different bait, I've been using
Pest Expert Formula B recently.

Looked in the rat box today, 8 cubes not touched :)
Will leave all 4 traps out for a few weeks and see how things go

Re the Stihl mower strimer and hedge trimmer, None have turned up and the promised delivery of the mower yesterday did not happen, Suposed to get a call today for a update, Nowt yet :(
They are quick to take your money but not so quick to deliver the items.

This is the view from my bedroom window now. I love the blue from that eucalyptus with the browny red leaves of the Vitis coignetiae. Every year it knocks me out - love blue and red together.

3-A824-AEA-61-BE-4-C0-A-9967-48-D85-D7-B5-A8-A.jpg

First run out of the Sthil mower this morning , Mower new, battery and charger used ( On loan from the supplier )
3/4 hour use and It used 2 bars of the 4 bars on the power LED's on the 20 unit , I have on order 2 of 30 batteries and the new charger , Should get the strimmer next week and the high reach hedge trimmer the week after

We had a rat problem with the chickens. Paid for a pest disposal man to lay poison cost £60 a visit. I think it made one rat dopey which I shot with my air rifle as it was lying in the sun on the compost heap other end of the garden from the chickens. Not sure the pest disposal completely got the rats so I have left a baited rat trap in a rat box by the chicken hut.

This is the view from my bedroom window now. I love the blue from that eucalyptus with the browny red leaves of the Vitis coignetiae. Every year it knocks me out - love blue and red together.

3-A824-AEA-61-BE-4-C0-A-9967-48-D85-D7-B5-A8-A.jpg

Be careful of that Eucalyptus they grow big quite quickly.
euclypt.jpg

Be careful of that Eucalyptus they grow big quite quickly.
euclypt.jpg

That one gets cut down to the ground in April. I have planted another one, one with nice bark, at the back of the garden and I’m hoping it will end up like the tree in your picture. It certainly goes straight up fast, and I’m pleased to say that after five years the bark has finally begun to peel to reveal interesting silver shades below the flaking brown.

advertisement

Back