advertisement

Computer/Video Games & Gaming

I hated that matthew, to restrictive. BUt that being said I loved dead space which is also restrictive (and doom 3)

I have a half way decent processor and sort of a graphics VRAM now so am back on the gaming wagon. Is the new stalker out yet?

Matthew, have you plumbed for a R.A.T.9 yet?

Btw Matthew, re your rig, what case did you go for in the end and what are your thoughts on it as an owner?

I hated that matthew, to restrictive. BUt that being said I loved dead space which is also restrictive (and doom 3)

I have a half way decent processor and sort of a graphics VRAM now so am back on the gaming wagon. Is the new stalker out yet?

Matthew, have you plumbed for a R.A.T.9 yet?

Actually Gary. Assume you are using your new iMac? How is that for these recent games as I am thinking of buying a 27" i5.

Jay

Jay I cheaped out, apple have a bunch of i7s 27 inchers at 1400 quid, but its the 512meg graphics not the new 1gigs. That being said I have played half life two episode 2 on the new 1 gig one maxed out on all settings and it runs along just fine.

No, its not a proper PC gaming machine, but its great. The only issue I have with the new imac is the vast area of the screen.

Are you joking? That's not cheaping out ;)

Not sure what you had before but that must fly with Aperture and XP/Win7 bootcamp install. I think I can pick up an i5 for £1550 through the work deal and it would be a big upgrade from the 2.2mhz 24" whitey I have at the moment. I really cheaped out then because didn't upgrade the g card. Me fool!

Jay

Btw Matthew, re your rig, what case did you go for in the end and what are your thoughts on it as an owner?

I went for the Corsair Obsidian. Which overall is quite preposterous as it's too big and *way* too expensive and even has poor air circulation if you overclock or fill it to the gills with bits.

But for me as someone who doesn't overclock (much), doesn't care about a stupidly large phsical size and wanted lots of room to work inside and hot swappable drive bays, it's great.

If you are spending that much (and it's probably not a good idea) and might want to overclock then should also look at the Cooler Master ATCS 840 which is a better case if not quite as sexy.

Otherwise, the latest version of the Antec P182 at around £100 would be my pick.

Jay to be fair my 24 incher played well with aperture, bit this thing f**ing flies. I suppose it should for the money!

I tried installing Win 7 yesterday but there is an issue with the size of the screen so everything went black so I am trying again tomorrow.

sigh. am I going to have to go back to a bootcamp install with win7 to play? steam for mac just doesn't seem to be delivering the games the cool kids are playing.

Just downloaded Darkwood because it gets great reviews, is cheap, and my old pc has enough guts to play it.

Anyone still gaming? If so, what are playing?

Just downloaded Darkwood because it gets great reviews, is cheap, and my old pc has enough guts to play it.

I’m currently working my way through Black Mesa, which is Half-Life updated. The later levels on another planet pretty much look as good as modern games.

Mick

I’ve taken a break from Destiny 2, recently finished Wolfenstein 2, about half way through Shadow of The Tomb Raider & having a little revisit of Anthem to check out the cataclysm that’s finally come out.

Wholelottagaminggoingon.

The game pass for £1 thing on Xbox lately is daft value.

I’m currently working my way through Black Mesa, which is Half-Life updated. The later levels on another planet pretty much look as good as modern games.

Mick

I'm not normally into stuff with strange creatures/monsters but I just watched the trailer on Steam and I like the look of it. May have to get that next...

:D

It’s quiet on the Elder Scolls Online front, so I’m starting the Assassin’s Creed franchise. Currently running through Odessey and Origins, but got some good deals on AC, AC2, AC3, Liberation, Brotherhood & Revelations.

They’ll keep me going for some time.............:D

advertisement

Back