advertisement

Fuses

no i dont think so ... he wasnt selling anything material
He held trenchant views and argued them with more footnotes than are evident here..as mentioned you can buy your superfuses at Russ's place and purifiers

Belt was no further out than other snakeoil sellers such as FlatEarth and perhaps Mana units

Cannabis oil may have been involved in many cases of snakeoil
Was this the guy who had 2 CDs, one ripped at a higher recording level than the other, that he used to surreptitiously swap, iirc under the pretence of cleaning, to demonstrate that cable 'A' was better than 'B' ?

This advice from Naim sales, enjoy, froth at mouth or whatever.

"If the kite safety mark is embossed on the edge of the of the fuse's conductive cap the fuse value should point towards the bottom of the fuse holder. Should the kite mark be embossed on the very end of the fuse's cap then the fuse value should face the top of the fuse holder."

I liked Roy too. Full of passion and he did the full RKR at my workshop more or less at cost. Just before the magic unveileing he drilled through a cable which dampened his spirit a little. I have all his CDs and somewhere a business card where he’s holding a giant fish.

"If the kite safety mark is embossed on the edge of the of the fuse's conductive cap the fuse value should point towards the bottom of the fuse holder. Should the kite mark be embossed on the very end of the fuse's cap then the fuse value should face the top of the fuse holder."

There's now 100's of Naim owners checking their fuses

But shouldn't that be "the fuse value should face Salisbury"

no i dont think so ... he wasnt selling anything material
He held trenchant views and argued them with more footnotes than are evident here..as mentioned you can buy your superfuses at Russ's place and purifiers

Belt was no further out than other snakeoil sellers such as FlatEarth and perhaps Mana units

Cannabis oil may have been involved in many cases of snakeoil

Ok, it was definitely a cable salesperson, caused a big stink on the various forums a couple of years ago. Might even have been Nordost, or something equally as expensive.

oh what about aligning Linn turntable arms to point to some where in Scotland, is it?

Nope they need to point at Cambridge Massachusets

acoustic_researchl_hrz_logo.png

No. The fuses I have are in the hifi equipment. We don't use fused power plugs.

We have two or three pronged plugs. Two-pronged, Schuko and 3 pronged ones with earth.

I thought so. Peter. Same as me, only I have a domestic ring main as well. This thread's about mains plugs fuses (5 amp, 10 amp, 15 amp.), I believe.

I've heard tidying up and wiping all the cables makes a difference and lifting the speaker cables of the floor in very relaxed loop works.

It was shown to me at the Sound Organisation in the 80s by London Bridge.

I'm too embarrassed (to myself!) to try...lol

Which could be tongue in cheek and is not advising anything illegal or insurance invalidating. What that did to your Naim warranty is another question.

Which could be tongue in cheek and is not advising anything illegal or insurance invalidating. What that did to your Naim warranty is another question.
No worries on warranty. Naim internal fuses are accessible from outside via a pop out socket. Apparently Naim spent a long time evaluating fuses for sound quality before settling on a certain brand. The only possible scientific reason I could imagine would be microphonic effect of fuse tube, but fuse direction no idea. Personally I'm not bothered, apart from making sure fuse is clean and shiny every few years.

I use AMR fuses in my plugs and on the pop out fuse on my atc amp - a little more clarity. Interestingly the internal fuse on atc amp is 15a slow blow...
There I’ve said it , confessional done.

There's now 100's of Naim owners checking their fuses

You know, I still have to have all my cables running either with the arrows if printed, or the text direction, source to destination, despite knowing* it doesn’t matter in the least.

* to save argument, let’s take that as “being aligned with my view of the world”.

well looking on ebay to buy some fuses now that Maplins on the way out. a fuse is a fuse isa fuse aint it?
is there any reason to use ceramic v glass fuses?

for those who spend serious money on things I came across these fancy ones at £39 -each one!
Synergistic Research 5 x 20mm SR-20 Quantum Fuse T 3.15A

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=231272318782

From the ad:

"Item description
All in One Music Systems. Synergistic Research Quantum Fuses employ a custom alloy treated with 2,000,000 volts of electricity! With over 60 values to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect value for your system’s components."

I would love to see the test set up for that one, wouldn't surprise me if it was walking across a nylon carpet.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back