advertisement

Fuses

What proportion of HiFi fans go for fuse enhancement

I’ve only had 1 fuse go in 30 years. Do the fuse hearers believe they degrade with time.

The Names Jimmy Hughes and his mate Mr Belt immediately spring to mind, whilst there are people who will spend their money on fancy purple( or was it green ) coloured felt tip pens to mark their Cd's and bits of diffracting plastic to stick on everything, there will always be companies to serve them and reap the monetary benefits. So why not let miracle fuses join the list.
oldie

It would be interesting to track the IQs of various folk on this forum v their Belief Systems.

Supplying a fuse for a UK mains plug that is not BS approved is illegal
"Regulation 6 requires a standard plug to contain a fuse complying with BS1362 and
to have been approved by a notified body under regulation 8."
See https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...al-equipment-plugs-sockets-guidance-notes.pdf
How do you know they don’t have a BS standard? I don’t buy UK plug fuses anyway.

Do all the scientists on this forum buy their Hi-Fi based on Ohm’s law, Kirchhoff’s law or some other physics based theory? Or do they buy using their ears?

How do you know they don’t have a BS standard?

A complete lack of...

200px-BS1362.jpg

No. The fuses I have are in the hifi equipment. We don't use fused power plugs.

We have two or three pronged plugs. Two-pronged, Schuko and 3 pronged ones with earth.

I’m going to quote Tesla here again for all you scientists stuck in your boxes, ranting about something your too stubborn to try.
“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
What did Tesla mean or what do you think he meant? Tesla was a genius btw but knew nothing of hi-fi...

What did Tesla mean or what do you think he meant? Tesla was a genius btw but knew nothing of hi-fi...

I think he meant think outside the box and don’t rely on physical measurements for everything because they don’t tell the whole story.

Some people on this forum are just too stubborn to accept other people’s ideas or findings unfortunately. Things don’t move forward in this world when people don’t think outside the box.

The naysayers need to grasp the fact that some people do hear differences in these fuses, regardless of the reason.

Once you enter the realm of non-physical measurement, you leave the rational world. The Earth is flat, obviously.

I grasp. I have observed forum members enthusing about all sorts then some vocal soul changes their mind then ...

Silence

Oh, how we messed about with fuses when RKR was in his pomp. My system sounded way better when I went back the old ones, mainly because I wasn't so frikkin nervous.
he did offer a great cd of music to listen too before and after having fitted dedicated spurs...etc

i liked him

RK Riches

he did offer a great cd of music to listen too before and after having fitted dedicated spurs...etc

Was this the guy who had 2 CDs, one ripped at a higher recording level than the other, that he used to surreptitiously swap, iirc under the pretence of cleaning, to demonstrate that cable 'A' was better than 'B' ?

advertisement

Back