advertisement

Furlough pay, does it reduce month on month ?

I'm in full time work on paye and have observed a small drop in ni and an increase in income tax on the same gross earnings comparing March and July and am down on the deal after tax. I know the ni threshold went up, but I've yet to establish why my income tax figure has gone up. Could it be related?

Just paid again this morning, gone down by another £3.74, I am now down £30 per week from the beginning, we shall see on my return.

I find it odd that you are not getting any payslips.
I'm assuming it is computerised payroll software in which case a payslip would be produced automatically and could therefore be sent to you electronically?

All workers (not just employees) are entitled to a written statement detailing pay and all deductions. Government guidance has turned a blind eye and allows it to be online but once you leave the company you usually lose access to these records. It also cannot be guaranteed that an online statement would be visible to you before pay day - another requirement. If you don't have a computer, or access at any particular point in time what do you do? AFAIK the ERA has not been amended.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1996/18/part/I/crossheading/right-to-itemised-pay-statement

Last edited:
We get our wageslips manually in an envelope when at work, no electronic delivery. The workplace is closed so I assume that the wageslips will be piling up somewhere ready for distribution when the day to return returns. It will come out eventually I suppose, just that I cannot contact anybody at the moment. When I check them the base figure should be the same so that is the first thing I will look at, any variation will need explaining.

We get our wageslips manually in an envelope when at work, no electronic delivery. The workplace is closed so I assume that the wageslips will be piling up somewhere ready for distribution when the day to return returns. It will come out eventually I suppose, just that I cannot contact anybody at the moment. When I check them the base figure should be the same so that is the first thing I will look at, any variation will need explaining.

They should be sending them to you at home to comply with the Law, that was the problem I had when I was off sick

I am one of the fortunate ones to be on furlough pay & no matter what money is given I will always be grateful. The furlough pay is for 80% of the monthly pay before the scheme started as I read it.

One bit of confusion though, my pay has been reducing each month & as far as I can see the first payment was for 80% of the month prior to furlough, the second month has reduced again, so I assume that as each month goes by it is reduced to 80% the next month & so on.

Am I barking up a tree :confused:

I'm on the furlough scheme and have been getting the same amount every month. Could be tax.

Something sounds very wrong, unless HMRC are issuing fresh tax codes each month - which is highly unlikely. I would be asking for payslips or an explanation as to how the pay and tax has been calculated at the very least. Drop them an email. Wondering out loud - I wonder if the salary is being calculated on a weekly basis and then being paid monthly, differing number of weeks in a month. Quite frankly more information is needed...

Something sounds very wrong, unless HMRC are issuing fresh tax codes each month - which is highly unlikely. I would be asking for payslips or an explanation as to how the pay and tax has been calculated at the very least. Drop them an email. Wondering out loud - I wonder if the salary is being calculated on a weekly basis and then being paid monthly, differing number of weeks in a month. Quite frankly more information is needed...

They do adjust tax on the fly month by month through PAYE if circumstances change, that's not unusual

advertisement

Back