advertisement

FUNK Firm - HOUDINI

That’s a hell of a claim. You’ve sold hundreds of thousands in the short time this has been out? That’s clearly untrue.
Not a fan of this type of marketing, Daniel appears to have joined and made just this one post, am a happy PT user for 40 years so it saddens me a bit to be honest.

Reading between the lines I “think” matodono means it’s been put on every model number/version of a Rega deck.

Not a fan of this type of marketing, Daniel appears to have joined and made just this one post, am a happy PT user for 40 years so it saddens me a bit to be honest.

Reading between the lines I “think” matodono means it’s been put on every model number/version of a Rega deck.
The ambiguity of his assertion is unwitting genius and foolishness isn't it? On face value they have produced hundreds of thousands of these things and every Rega owner has one - but what does that ham fisted assertion say about Rega? On the other ham/hand, they may have sold twelve which I presume is the amount of different Rega products they could be fitted on - or perhaps arms which would be a lower number then that.

This is an 'on the offensive' marketing strategy which seems to have found a second wind - Daniel appears to be in cahoots to some extent.

The ambiguity of his assertion is unwitting genius and foolishness isn't it? On face value they have produced hundreds of thousands of these things and every Rega owner has one - but what does that ham fisted assertion say about Rega?

This is an 'on the offensive' marketing strategy which seems to have found a second wind - Daniel appears to be in cahoots to some extent.
I actually believe that this kind of approach will do as much harm as good for Funk, when the Hudi was announced I was seriously contemplating trying it out on a couple of arms, not now.

I actually believe that this kind of approach will do as much harm as good for Funk, when the Hudi was announced I was seriously contemplating trying it out on a couple of arms, not now.
I agree. I’ve had a couple of PT decks over the years and enjoyed them greatly. Arthur is a very talented guy with a very good portfolio of products to his name. I’ve heard every PT model made and every Funk model and never disliked one. A friend of mine has a Houdini and likes it, so I’ve no reason to think it might be awful. The tone of the posts here put me right off though. The deliberate-looking ambiguity referred to is awful. If they’ve been tried on every current model of Rega, fair enough, but that isn’t how it reads. Not one other manufacturers employees come on here and do this and it reflects poorly on the company in my view.

That’s a hell of a claim. You’ve sold hundreds of thousands in the short time this has been out? That’s clearly untrue.

When I say every Rega, I mean almost every version that Rega has in production from P1 to P10. and other variants.

Come on guys? Please stop taking us out of context. It's juvenile and simply offensive. I am not here to pick fights so why feel the need to call me a liar. We have a great product that works and are simply trying to make it known.

As for the diversity of Houdini just simply go to Google "Funk Firm Houdini" you will see for yourself where and how Houdini has been taken up and in such a short time.

Houdini is designed for music lovers by music lovers and is an innovation that can help improve vinyl replay. So can we please play nice.

That is my wish.

Matt.

@Tony L Are these methods of marketing on your site ok with you?

I posted on here for the first time in months simply because a new and genuine newbie hifi customer who happens to have bought our products came on here and was immediately questioned as to whether or not he was genuine.

Is that how we want to welcome new audio enthusiasts to a community which after all is supposed to be an enjoyable hobby for all?

Not only that but I am paid up and declared as a Trade member and I reserve a right to reply.

Respectfully, Matt.

I posted on here for the first time in months simply because a new and genuine newbie hifi customer who happens to have bought our products came on here and was immediately questioned as to whether or not he was genuine.

Is that how we want to welcome new audio enthusiasts to a community which after all is supposed to be an enjoyable hobby for all?

Not only that but I am paid up and declared as a Trade member and I reserve a right to reply.

Respectfully, Matt.
That chap joined on Saturday, has made 1 solitary post "bigging" up your gear and has not posted since, he was politely asked about himself and to expand on his experiences and has not replied in 5 days, then you pop up again with the hard sell, no wonder a few folk are a bit sceptical.

There is a dedicated Trade section where guys like Keith Purite promote stuff like the SONCOZ DAC, I bought one off him cos of the posts he made over there, so it works as a marketing tool, I honestly believe you are doing more to damage the brand than promote it on this thread.

@matodono1 I think you need to enlist the support of a marketing guru because this approach is not working.

Myles...

So a genuine guy new to the hobby should be allowed to be questioned for simply liking our product and no one has a right to correct this. Even in gentle terms.

Or a small struggling company has no say in the matter when people question both their motives or their product.

At this point no comment or communication is acceptable or workable.

We just go away and fail?

Is that really what you guys want?

When you say this approach your are referring to my first post in six months.

Really?

Matt.

That chap joined on Saturday, has made 1 solitary post "bigging" up your gear and has not posted since, he was politely asked about himself and to expand on his experiences and has not replied in 5 days, then you pop up again with the hard sell, no wonder a few folk are a bit sceptical.

There is a dedicated Trade section where guys like Keith Purite promote stuff like the SONCOZ DAC, I bought one off him cos of the posts he made over there, so it works as a marketing tool, I honestly believe you are doing more to damage the brand than promote it on this thread.

Or... I simply noticed a post and reponded politely.

He is a geniune customer. which I pointed out he found the thread entitled "The Funk Firm Houdini" it's easy to connect the dots. Did any of you welcome him to the group before he was quesitoned?

Whilst here I responded to one other post. So let's not call anything hard sell which isn't.

I am a audiophile just like you guys talking audio.

That is all.

Let's leave it at that please.

Matt.

You are failing though - through the ambiguity of your statements, poor engagement with your biggest pool of potential customers - those who are looking to eke out the last bits of performance from their kit. Bringing Daniel into the discussion is a red herring really; it's not about him, or his single Funktastic post.

It's totally up to you re. marketing, but if your approach rubs your market up the wrong way - for whatever reason - then you need to amend how you present yourself and your product.

Unfortunately this industry is full of shills and underhand practises so naturally people will be wary of new products, and how they are marketed.

You are failing though - through the ambiguity of your statements, poor engagement with your biggest pool of potential customers - those who are looking to eke out the last bits of performance from their kit. Bringing Daniel into the discussion is a red herring really; it's not about him, or his single Funktastic post.

It's totally up to you re. marketing, but if your approach rubs your market up the wrong way - for whatever reason - then you need to amend how you present yourself and your product.

Unfortunately this industry is full of shills and underhand practises so naturally people will be wary of new products, and how they are marketed.

Yes granted, I failed to delineate the fact that Houdini wasn't in fact fitted to every Rega in existence but in fact had found itself fitted to every version (or at least most of them). One is possible and one is utterly fantastic and impossible.

That doesn't make me a bad person, that just makes me someone that has been sat at his computer working for a few more hours than his doctor would recommend.

Funk is honest and good and I just want more people to know this. Daniel is also a happy punter that simply wanted to tell people about it.

That is all.

Best regards, Matt.

Yes granted, I failed to delineate the fact that Houdini wasn't in fact fitted to every Rega in existence but in fact had found itself fitted to every version (or at least most of them). One is possible and one is utterly fantastic and impossible.

That doesn't make me a bad person, that just makes me someone that has been sat at his computer working for a few more hours than his doctor would recommend.

Funk is honest and good and I just want more people to know this. Daniel is also a happy punter that simply wanted to tell people about it.

That is all.

Best regards, Matt.
Matt, I'm not saying you are a bad person or a liar. Not at all. I have every confidence that everything you write and do to market your products is with sincere intentions. My comments are on the strategy you have employed which I think is the wrong approach - if you have a really good product, and a lot of the reviews suggest it is, then it deserves a really good marketing campaign with the right message and communication plan.

When I say every Rega, I mean almost every version that Rega has in production from P1 to P10. and other variants.

Come on guys? Please stop taking us out of context. It's juvenile and simply offensive. I am not here to pick fights so why feel the need to call me a liar. We have a great product that works and are simply trying to make it known.

As for the diversity of Houdini just simply go to Google "Funk Firm Houdini" you will see for yourself where and how Houdini has been taken up and in such a short time.

Houdini is designed for music lovers by music lovers and is an innovation that can help improve vinyl replay. So can we please play nice.

That is my wish.

Matt.
Play nice? I haven’t uttered a single derogatory word about your products. Quite the opposite. Knowing Arthur, I’d be surprised if it didn’t sound good. If you’d said it’s been used on every model of Rega, then fine. You didn’t, you said “finds itself on most Rega’s”, which is ambiguous at best and deliberately misleading at worst.

Matt, I'm not saying you are a bad person or a liar. Not at all. I have every confidence that everything you write and do to market your products is with sincere intentions. My comments are on the strategy you have employed which I think is the wrong approach - if you have a really good product, and a lot of the reviews suggest it is, then it deserves a really good marketing campaign with the right message and communication plan.

I absolutely agree with you. It has been pointed out that here on this thread is not the place for it which is why we do our marketing and main promotion elsewhere on our Facebook Group, our Website and in our magazine advertising.
As stated I came here to comment for the first time in six months on two specific posts. Ambuguity in one needed me to further expand it's intended meaning.

Thank you, Matt.

Play nice? I haven’t uttered a single derogatory word about your products. Quite the opposite. Knowing Arthur, I’d be surprised if it didn’t sound good. If you’d said it’s been used on every model of Rega, then fine. You didn’t, you said “finds itself on most Rega’s”, which is ambiguous at best and deliberately misleading at worst.

As I said to Myle's, I work on computers and was doing something else for far longer than I should have before I got to the thread.
However deliberately misleading and deliberately misinterpreting may well be possibly two sides of the same coin (after all if we are going to be literal) fitting a Houdini to EVERY Rega out there is probably impossible. Even if we had a world of resources. Which we don't.

Anyway glad we have had the opportunity to clear it all up.

When I come back next time I am looking forward to talking about hifi.

Have a good day.

Matt.

advertisement

Back