advertisement

Fujifilm X-T10 nowadays

Fulci

pfm Member
Hi! I have a legacy Pentax-A SMC 50mm f1.2 in a drawer for far too long and I've been thinking of getting an used Fujifilm X-T10 for £150-200 to use it with an adapter for lower light portraits and bokeh.

How much difference is there between the X-T10 and the newer models? Is this still a good camera with all the software updates?

How does the adapter work? Will it crop the image? Do you think it's worth the hassle?

It’s still a good camera (if you want a slightly larger body, the similar internal X-T1 is available typically for just over £200 - no touchscreen though)

The lens will work fine as an adapted lens, but remember the camera has a crop sensor, so the equivalent FF focal length will be 75mm

It’s still a good camera (if you want a slightly larger body, the similar internal X-T1 is available typically for just over £200 - no touchscreen though)

The lens will work fine as an adapted lens, but remember the camera has a crop sensor, so the equivalent FF focal length will be 75mm

Thanks!! I was thinking using it as a 80mm prime for portrait. I was looking around and found that the XT1 was £200 too, so I guess is a better option. I'll get a 35mm f2.0 later or a standard zoom.

An SMC-A lens will work very well without any adapter on any of the Pentax DSLR's so might be worth considering a 2nd hand one of those.

Alternatively you could sell me that 50mm F1.2 cheap...

advertisement

Back