advertisement

FUJI XT-5

My advice would be careful with 3rd party lenses, apart from Sigma and Tamron, they are not built to the same standard as the native glass, they may/may not be able to handle the resolution and the deal breaker for me is that the colour rendition is often quite different to the Fuji glass.
I'm tempted to say that the resolution thing is a non-thing. Fuji glass is great, no question, but it's a bit off to suggest Sigma and Tamron glass can't do the same things.

Happy to be wrong though. I'm still swithering over getting an XH2 or XT5. I don't need it, but IBIS and better AF would be nice. No real justification: the XT2 remains a superb camera and is not embarrassed by my Q2, but, still....

I'm tempted to say that the resolution thing is a non-thing. Fuji glass is great, no question, but it's a bit off to suggest Sigma and Tamron glass can't do the same things.

Happy to be wrong though. I'm still swithering over getting an XH2 or XT5. I don't need it, but IBIS and better AF would be nice. No real justification: the XT2 remains a superb camera and is not embarrassed by my Q2, but, still....

I was in a similar quandary to yourself regarding the XH2 and XT5, in the end I based my decision on that I don't really do any videography and I like the way the controls are positioned on the top of the camera its my preference having owned an X100T since 2016 and I guess I have got used to this. Both the Xh2 and XT5 are excellent cameras and will do a fine job

My advice would be careful with 3rd party lenses, apart from Sigma and Tamron, they are not built to the same standard as the native glass, they may/may not be able to handle the resolution and the deal breaker for me is that the colour rendition is often quite different to the Fuji glass.

That's a valid point but the YouTube Fuji guy seemed to think the Viltrox PRO 75mm lens was a very good lens. I may pick up a secondhand Viltrox Lens, not the PRO series but the other series and see how they stack up

Lee

I've not directly had a play with X-T5, though I have owned X-T1/2 and used X-T3 and X-T4

There are several (big) differences in coming from an X-T100

1) Weather sealing (resistance)
2) Sensor resolution (especially in case of X-T5)
3) IBIS (X-T5/X-T4)
4) AF speed - gets faster and faster with each generation, your X-T100 in real world terms is between the X-T1 and X-T2 in this regard.
5) AF tracking of moving subjects - better and better with each generation (but best with X-H2S)

Obviously an X-T5 is the latest model, but is is just old enough to go in the latest Fuji promotional deal https://fujifilm-x.com/en-gb/promot...-purchasing-a-fujifilm-x-t5-or-selected-kits/

Personally I wouldn't discount the older models, but then I'm mainly a still scene shooter, if you want to shoot action then the faster the AF the better (easier).

The OP mentioned an X100T:
https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilm-x100t

But your reply was re an XT100:
https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilm-x-t100

I did say "apart from Sigma and Tamron" who make premium 3rd party glass, I'm suggesting that the Chinese/Korean manufacturers are not of the same quality.

Sigma in particular make some of the very best glass on the market.
But, I think I feel that it's not about the glass, or the camera or the film or the processing.
It's about how you see and express ideas.

advertisement

Back