Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Front grilles for Rega Kyte (new style) & Kef LS50

Discussion in 'audio' started by PerF, Nov 22, 2021.

1. PerF

PerF Scandinavian Member

We can fly to the moon, but
    Would anyone know if (WAF friendly) grilles for above loudspeakers exist,? obvious nothing seem to be available from makers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

Could always ask a person with time on their on their hands to knit (or crochet!) some nice slip over covers....they have to allow for the port holes and connections just to make it an interesting job.

Give a challenge to the local knitting circle?

3. RoA

RoA pfm Member

4. benjaminreed1

benjaminreed1 Benjamin Reed

I sold my LS50s when my son got given a NERF gun..those plastic bullet things...it was just too risky -)

5. guydarryl

guydarryl pfm Member

@Markie on here makes beautiful replacements for the old Kytes (I bought some and was very pleased), perhaps he could make something - you would have to stick on some "hook" material to the baffle to grab the foam.

Or a pair of tights over the cabinet? :D

6. narabdela

narabdela who?

Don't mind the LS50 look, but I can appreciate the problem posed by youngsters.

The Kyte OTOH, just looks fugly. I've read several reviews that praise the sound but give a thumbs down to the aesthetic.

7. RoA

RoA pfm Member

I don't mind their look at all

8. narabdela

narabdela who?

My bad. I should have added an 'imho'.

9. PerF

PerF Scandinavian Member

Thanks for all comments, would have hoped for something "fit and forget"
    I even tried my RX3 mid driver grill on Kyte but no luck.

10. Ray

Ray pfm Member

[​IMG]
    This is exactly what I did with my LS50’s for some protection and also to make them a bit inconspicuous in the living room (pic, zoom in pls)[​IMG]
    Worked out well, and if you take the “grilles” off, the velcro dots are not too obvious. (Excuse the speaker/system mish-mash, having a bit of fun during lockdown last year.)

11. RoA

RoA pfm Member

How would anything be 'fit & forget'?

12. PerF

PerF Scandinavian Member

2 pcs
    $4.50

[​IMG]

13. Ray

Ray pfm Member

Hmmm may I ask where you sourced those?

14. PerF