advertisement

Fraim time !!

Could the sonic difference be due to the system being dismantled and put back together and connections being cleaned? Or did nothing get disconnected?

The answer would be no to your question. I've taken the system down three times in a day during the first few months trying to work out the torque required on the fasteners for best sound. Everytime I reassembled the Fraim the rig took on the same sonic characteristics depending upon torque fastener tightness. Additionally, I spent two months A/Bing it against two other brands owned at the time as well as other borrowed units and the differences between all were easily heard. With Naim gear at least, the Fraim makes a difference for the better.

no your right mate, everything was disconnected and the cabling is much neater now, he spent some time making sure all the cables lay right and dont touch each other or walls etc... He also made changes to the order they were pluged in on the extension blocks. Am sure everything has been a factor in the benefits am hearing but as ive just paid for the Fraim i like to think its the fraim that made the dif :)

Sorry I'm a bit late on this but congrats on getting your Fraim, linnaudio.

It's pretty amazing the way it opens up the sound...especially two hours after installation;-)

I've never had a problem with cables touching each other except when AC cords ran close to and parallel with my speaker cables. The sound became a little distorted when the cables were in close proximity.

My source interconnects and power supply umbilical on the other hand appear to transmit vibrations into their connecting PCBs if left resting against *some* other hard surfaces. The sound becomes a bit less dynamic or alive. Moving the cable eliminates the problem.

regards,

dave

I've never had a problem with cables touching each other except when AC cords ran close to and parallel with my speaker cables. The sound became a little distorted when the cables were in close proximity.

My source interconnects and power supply umbilical on the other hand appear to transmit vibrations into their connecting PCBs if left resting against *some* other hard surfaces. The sound becomes a bit less dynamic or alive. Moving the cable eliminates the problem.

regards,

dave

yeah i dont think its so much to do with the cables causing interference with each other but more to do with the vibrations travelling up the cables onto the boards that naim have tried so hard to eliminate. I think you just wont get the best out of all the isolation we all try so hard for if you leave the cables in a mess. Saying that mine looked like the dog wired it up untill yesterday and i was still happy with it. Worth a try anyway as it costs nothing but an afternoon of your time

Sorry I'm a bit late on this but congrats on getting your Fraim, linnaudio.

It's pretty amazing the way it opens up the sound...especially two hours after installation;-)

Yeah thanks mate, Its surprised me how much a stand can make a difference, its not as if it was exactly just sitting on the carpet before i tried the fraim. Its Defo more noticeable on more CDs than others though. Finding a new love for my old Gn'R cds again as we speak. Something i had previously posted about saying how bad i thought they were. Not sure if i had listened to them since i got my new pre or not but either way they sound a hell of a lot better than they used to so am goin in the right direction :)

advertisement

Back