advertisement

Found a job

I.D.C.

pfm Member
With income falling drastically with myself and wife being self employed and dipping into savings so been searching the job market. A job came up with Bute Island Foods for a industrial cleaner. Well needs must at 61 was worried the years would be against me. Thankfully the interview went well with this fast growing vegan company. Not so long a go five members of a family started making vegan cheese called ( Sheese ) Today have 160 employees and now also make vegan ice cream , to my taste buds better than dairy ice cream. All their produce mostly go under the own brand name of Sainsbury's, Tesco, Asda, Waitrose. Yesterday M & S were doing a audit to start selling their produce. A second ten million factory is being built on the island that will employ another 100 personal. Fantastic positive news for islanders which has high unemployment. Also a success story for Bute Island foods.

Last edited:
Congrats, sounds like a good company :).

I'm glad to hear that the ice cream is nice, as I've tasted their vegan cheese and I'm afraid I found it pretty vile!

Good fortune to you, hope all goes well

If any consolation, after some 20 years plus as a site agent/site manager, I went back on the tools when my self employed status was being opposed, wanted me on the cards. It was a bit hard at first but soon got back into it, rather enjoyed it, but at the same time longing for retirement, I still get asked to do work some 5 years after the
event.

vagan or vegan, I knew what it was about, ignore the educated :)

With income falling drastically with myself and wife being self employed and dipping into savings so been searching the job market. A job came up with Bute Island Foods for a industrial cleaner. Well needs must at 61 was worried the years would be against me. Thankfully the interview went well with this fast growing vagan company. Not so long a go five members of a family started making vagan cheese called ( Sheese ) Today have 160 employees and now also make vagan ice cream , to my taste buds better than dairy ice cream. All their produce mostly go under the own brand name of Sainsbury's, Tesco, Asda, Waitrose. Yesterday M & S were doing a audit to start selling their produce. A second ten million factory is being built on the island that will employ another 100 personal. Fantastic positive news for islanders which has high unemployment. Also a success story for Bute Island foods.

Brilliant.Used to see them reguarly at Bristol Vegfest giving out free samples.

...at your peril!
(Mind you, "ignore the educated" works for Trump. :rolleyes:)

My hero, not.

I find it difficult to fathom why some on here proof read posts. We are no longer at school.

Excuse my stroppiness but on a high, legal for once, been in the shop, using contact adhesive for the last couple of hours on veneer edgings.

My hero, not.
I find it difficult to fathom why some on here proof read posts. We are no longer at school.
Excuse my stroppiness but on a high, legal for once, been in the shop, using contact adhesive for the last couple of hours on veneer edgings.

If I got myself a job in a bank but called it a w**k I'm sure you would rush to correct me. ;)

If I got myself a job in a bank but called it a w**k I'm sure you would rush to correct me. ;)

In the present climate I'm sure there would be a few who would be more interested in the rate of pay for such a (hard) job :)

Well done, I don't imagine jobs are plentiful on Bute. Good luck, factory cleaning is hard. It's part of my job to work with factory cleaners etc, I do a lot of training and awareness stuff around hygiene and the cleaners are a key part of that. I have the utmost respect for people who can do the job well and I go to great lengths to ensure that their work is valued and that I share the hygiene monitoring results so that they are engaged in what they are doing and aware of its importance. It's a tough job and nobody wants to do it without some recognition.

Last edited:
With income falling drastically with myself and wife being self employed and dipping into savings so been searching the job market. A job came up with Bute Island Foods for a industrial cleaner. Well needs must at 61 was worried the years would be against me. Thankfully the interview went well with this fast growing vegan company. Not so long a go five members of a family started making vegan cheese called ( Sheese ) Today have 160 employees and now also make vegan ice cream , to my taste buds better than dairy ice cream. All their produce mostly go under the own brand name of Sainsbury's, Tesco, Asda, Waitrose. Yesterday M & S were doing a audit to start selling their produce. A second ten million factory is being built on the island that will employ another 100 personal. Fantastic positive news for islanders which has high unemployment. Also a success story for Bute Island foods.
I was talking to the guy a few years ago ( introduced by Joe from Manchester who ran the gallery) who set up the operation in the old Bute Cheese factory. What an interesting, wacky guy- he was from the Far East, wearing Ray Bans and a Hawaiian shirt and a Panama- in Scotland.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back